Sr Research Associate II, Analytical Ops
Sr Research Associate II, Analytical Ops
United States - California - Foster City
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based biopharmaceutical company founded in 1987. Together we deliver life-saving therapies to patients in need. With the commitment and drive you bring to the workplace every day, you will be part of a team that is changing the world and helping millions of people live healthier, more fulfilling lives. Our worldwide staff is a close community where you can see the tangible results of your contributions, where every individual matters, and everyone has a chance to enhance their skills through ongoing development. Our scientific focus has resulted in marketed products that are benefiting hundreds of thousands of people, a pipeline of strong late-stage drug candidates, and unmatched patient access programs to ensure medications are available to those who could otherwise not afford them. By joining Gilead, you will further our mission to address unmet medical needs and improve life by advancing the care of patients with life-threatening diseases.
The successful candidate will possess a detailed understanding of analytical method development. The candidate must be highly motivated to contribute to the research and development of small molecules targeting unmet medical need through chemical/physical characterization and novel method development supporting clinical and commercial programs. Experience in several of the following fields is strongly desired: analytical chemistry, organic chemistry, high performance or ultra-performance liquid chromatography, mass spectrometry, nuclear magnetic resonance, wet chemistry.
Teamwork, critical thinking, and the ability to convey complex and nuanced concepts to interdisciplinary teams are required.
Essential Duties and Job Functions:
- Independently plans, executes and proactively troubleshoots experiments and laboratory tasks that support development activities and project goals.
- Demonstrates and applies advanced level of understanding project goals and methods.
- Demonstrates technical proficiency, scientific creativity and independent thought in experimental design and strategy.
- Selects appropriate methods and techniques in performing methods development.
- Recommends alternatives, researches new methods and techniques and proactively seek out senior personnel to discuss potential solutions to problems.
- Participates in group meetings. Presents results of work, interprets data, and draws conclusions regarding presented material and nature of work.
- Works with minimal supervision on projects of moderate to complex scope, where analysis of situations or data requires evaluation of intangible variables, requiring regular use of intelligence, logic, ingenuity, and creativity.
- Works in collaboration with more junior and more senior scientists to advance state-of-the-art techniques.
- Uses good verbal communication skills and interpersonal skills to provide insight into the processes used to achieve results of assigned tasks.
- Prepares validation protocols and reports or analytical development reports.
- Manages multiple projects and ensures analytical deliverables are met within timelines.
- Participates in method transfer to QC and external CRO/CMO laboratories.
- Identifies areas for improvement and efficiency gains.
- Maintains familiarity with scientific literature and applies appropriately to projects.
Knowledge, Experience and Skills:
- Bachelor's with 5+ years of relevant biotech/pharmaceutical professional experience, OR master's degree with 3+ relevant biotech/pharmaceutical professional experience. Degrees should be in Analytical Chemistry, Organic Chemistry, Biochemistry, Biology or a related discipline from an accredited university.
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and technical) and interpersonal skills are required.
- Exercises independent judgment in developing methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
- Demonstrates ability to recognize anomalous and inconsistent results and interpret outcomes.
- Strong knowledge in assay development and troubleshooting.
Preferred Experience and skills:
- Experience performing a variety of experiments that support small molecule analysis. This includes operating equipment, selecting appropriate methods and techniques, analyzing data and preparing related reports/presentations.
- Skills and knowledge in solid-state characterization (XRPD, DSC, TGA, PSD) is preferred.
- Hands-on experience in NMR characterization of small molecules is a plus.
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---California---Foster-City/Sr-Research-Associate--II--Analytical-Ops_R0016220-1
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency