Principal Investigator, International Centre for Research on Innovative Biobased Materials
About the institution: ICRI-BioM is an International Research Agenda, established within Lodz University of Technology under the Foundation for Polish Science MAB PLUS Program in collaboration with the Max Planck Institute for Polymer Research in Mainz. It aims at the development of an excellent scientific unit that focuses on combining polymer chemistry with molecular biosystems engineering experimentally and with the aid of computational sciences. Ultimately, it will be composed of three groups, led by senior Principal Investigators (one of them being the director, Professor Alexander Steinbüchel) of the highest scientific standings, and two junior PI groups. It is expected that the collaboration and synergy between these groups, local scientific environment, and international cooperation will lead to breakthrough research in basic and applied sciences.
Foundation of Polish Science – the largest non-governmental organisation supporting science in Poland, under its project: International Research Agendas (IRAP), funded with European Regional Development Fund, seeks candidates for a position of Principal Investigator at International Centre for Research on Innovative Biobased Materials – led in Łódź by prof. Piotr Paneth.
Selection type: Young academics to fill full-time positions of the senior and junior Principal Investigator. Successful candidate will organize and lead research group
Research areas: polymer or biopolymer chemistry
Requirements and Selection Criteria for the Position: Candidates should have at least a Ph.D. degree and 10 years (senior) or 3 years (junior) of experience in polymer chemistry, (bio)polymer computational chemistry or molecular biosystems, international recognition for research accomplishments (ideally comparable to the ERC level), and possess effective leadership skills, together with a record as a mentor of young scientists. (senior position).
Interested candidates are requested to e-mail the following documentation (in the pdf format):
- brief CV (up to 3 standard pages)
- up to 10 key research and/or implementation achievements (a single achievement is e.g. full text of a publication or a patent, etc.),
- list of key projects for which the applicant was granted funding or played a major role,
- list of key conference speeches or lectures delivered by the applicant (senior position: at the invitation of hosts, indicating the names of the host),
- description of the applicant’s experience in research-industry cooperation and successful implementations (up to 1 pages),
- senior position only: description of the applicant’s skills in guiding students’ research (up to 1 pages),
- senior position only: description of the applicant’s research management experience (up to 2 page),
- senior position only: description of unique features of the achievements obtained in the last ten years and their influence on the development of a given scientific field (up to 3 pages).
Application Submission: Interested candidates are requested to e-mail the abovementioned documentation (in the pdf format) by March 31th, 2021 (or until the position is filled) to:
Professor Piotr Paneth, Director for Organization of Research - firstname.lastname@example.org
By submitting your application you agree with the following statement:
“I hereby consent to have my personal data processed by the Lodz University of Technology with its registered office at ul. Zeromskiego 116, 90-924 Lodz for the purpose of carrying out a recruitment process and selecting an employee, and concluding a contract for employment at the Lodz University of Technology. I have been informed of my rights and duties (as described http://www.icri-biom.p.lodz.pl/sites/default/files/RODO-TUL_en.pdf. I understand that provision of my personal data is voluntary”.
TUL values diversity and is committed to equal opportunity.
This project has received funding from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme under grant agreement No 857533 and from the International Research Agendas Programme of the Foundation for Polish Science co-financed by the European Union under the European Regional Development Fund.