Director, Project Management
Director, Project Management
United States - California - Foster City
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Director, Project Management
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. We strive to transform and simplify care for people with life-threatening illnesses around the world. Gilead's portfolio of products and pipeline of investigational drugs includes treatments for HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer, inflammatory and respiratory diseases, and cardiovascular conditions.
The Director, Project Management is responsible for managing one or more highly complex and/or high profile project and/or cross project therapeutic teams. In the Inflammation/Respiratory Disease Therapeutic Area, this could be a project team evaluating a compound across a broad spectrum of inflammatory or respiratory diseases.
- Works in partnership with project leaders to develop, gain approval, and execute on the project strategy.
- Co-chairs timely, efficient, and action-oriented Project Team meetings and is responsible for coordinating highly complex team operations and communications.
- May be responsible for supervising one or more Project Management Associates.
- Participates in working groups within the Project Management department to resolve highly complex operational issues or improve department processes.
Essential Duties and Job Functions:
- Directs highly complex project communications and ensures that all project customers are fully informed and knowledgeable of project activities and their status.
- Organizes Project Management support for various functional areas on the Project; attends subteam meetings; organizes ad hoc working groups.
- Organizes the formation of Project Teams and Request for Development (RFD) Teams with leadership of the functional areas, and guides transition of projects between development phases.
- Manages RFD teams for late stage Research Projects. Provides Project Management support for all RFD activities including the creation, editing and approval of the RFD document.
- Leads the design, implementation, and update of Project Development Plans which define the scope of project team deliverables.
- Ensures that Development Plans integrate timing, scope and resources.
- Authors selected sections of the Development Plan.
- Ensures project work complies with established practices, policies and processes.
- Assists in the review and editing of Project Team regulatory documents.
- May author sections of regulatory, scientific and commercial documents.
- Collaborates with Project Planning and Analysis to ensure that functional area resources are sufficient to achieve project goals and objectives.
- Provides leadership to the team and functional areas to anticipate and identify complex project issues which pose a challenge to achieving strategic goals; proposes and implements plans to resolve such issues and execute corrective actions.
- Contributes to the research, development and commercial project strategies.
- Represents the Project Team to the Development Committee for major strategic decisions. Organizes preparation of documents for review by the Development Committee.
- May represent Project Management on Franchise Teams and attend senior management committees as requested.
- Provides updated project documents and information for quarterly LE budget reviews, quarterly investor relations/Board updates and annual Portfolio Review.
Knowledge, Experience and Skills:
- 12+ years of relevant experience and a BS in science or as a project manager and/or pharmaceutical line manager and/or pharmaceutical functional area scientist or a MS or MBA.
- Experience should include 7 years of participation in cross-functional project management activities in various stages of development.
- 6+ years of relevant experience and a PhD in a scientific field or a PharmD, DVM or MD degree.
- Line management supervisory experience is desirable.
- A solid scientific background is a must.
- Previous management of commercial teams
- Experience should include participation in cross-functional project management activities.
- Line management supervisory experience is desirable. Must have extensive understanding of the drug development process.
- Must have an extensive understanding of and application of principles, concepts, practices, and standards of pharmaceutical project management.
- Must be able to understand and communicate scientific and business elements associated with the therapeutic area(s) of assigned projects.
- Must possess excellent interpersonal, organizational, and written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Must be able to support highly complex multiple activities simultaneously.
- Must possess advanced knowledge and skill with Microsoft Project, Microsoft Excel and other reporting and tracking tools.
- Must be able to work under minimal and at times no supervision, determine personal work plan, and schedule tasks and activities.
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---California---Foster-City/Director--Project-Management_R0017740
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency