Associate Director Government Affairs
Associate Director Government Affairs
Spain - Madrid
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
This position is based in Madrid and will report to the Government Affairs Senior Director for Gilead Spain.
The Gilead Government Affairs Team aims to act as a critical link, connecting governments with Gilead science and connecting Gilead with policymakers' needs and expectations. We strive to be a thought-leading function valued for its analysis, insight and ability to translate our knowledge into meaningful action for the benefit of the business. Our goal is to develop long term partnerships with policymakers, to position Gilead as a preferred partner and contribute to maintaining a coherent and consistent voice as part of our strategy for engaging with governments.
Our vision of success is to foster an environment where governments' value, reward and support access to Gilead's innovation.
This position will develop and execute Government Affairs strategy in Spain, with specific responsibilities in Virology .
- Develop and implement a GA strategy partnering with governments and other stakeholders to enhance and support timely access to medicines. This strategy should be aligned with the GA Global strategy
- Promote a positive presence amongst key stakeholders focused on the Government, the Parliament and relevant institutional bodies, to successfully implement policies (at national and regional levels)
- Work closely and collaboratively with government affairs team at national and global level as well as other Gilead departments to ensure strategic alignment and well-informed decision-making
- Monitor the country's policy environment (both at national and regional level) with the objective of providing relevant information and insights to the business
- Contribute positively to the Franchise Team as both a functional expert and a business partner
- Assist in building company-wide support for Government Affairs objectives and educate internal clients on the value of effective government affairs activities
- Support the recruitment and supervision of external Government Affairs agencies who will support the delivery of our activities. Manage these relationships to ensure effective delivery of projects to time and budget
Knowledge, Experience and Skills
- Typically requires a BSc or BA degree and with significant prior experience in government, government affairs, market access, public affairs or policy role
- Must have a strong understanding of the environment with an in-depth knowledge of healthcare systems, key stakeholders and policies as well as strong knowledge of legislative process and key policy decision-makers
- Must have knowledge of Market Access and understanding of the business as well as Business Conduct
- Must be able to generate evidence, know how to shape the health policy / legislative processes and have experience developing health policy studies
- Develop strong position papers and value stories for policy-makers, and ability to tailor messages to the target audience
- Experience of leveraging external stakeholder groups to advance policy goals
- Strong track record of implementing projects with clear outcomes in government or private sector
- Effectively communicates with and influences (where applicable) a diverse set of key internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to earn the confidence of senior leaders and to help them understand and demonstrate the value to be gained through strengthened relationships with governments and leading policymakers
- Creative thinking, strategic thinking and problem solving
- Agile and able to work in a fast paced environment
- Good communication, relationship building and negotiation skills
- Sound business judgment and analytical skills, and strong team player
- Skilled at managing projects and working in a matrix environment.
- Excellent communication skills both in Spanish and English
- Ability to ensure that all government affairs activities are fully compliant with all laws, regulations and the FarmaIndustria Code of Practice.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)
It is the policy of Gilead Sciences, Inc. and its subsidiaries and affiliates (collectively "Gilead" or the "Company") to recruit select and employ the most qualified persons available for positions throughout the Company. Except if otherwise provided by applicable law, all employment actions relating to issues such as compensation, benefits, transfers, layoffs, returns from layoffs, company-sponsored training, education assistance, social and recreational programs are administered on a non-discriminatory basis (i.e. without regard to protected characteristics or prohibited grounds, which may include an individual's gender, race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, medical condition, veteran status, and age, unless such protection is prohibited by federal, state, municipal, provincial, local or other applicable laws). Gilead also prohibits discrimination based on any other characteristics protected by applicable laws.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/Spain---Madrid/Associate-Director-Government-Affairs_R0017728-1
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency