To fulfill its mission, the Qatar Biomedical Research Institute (QBRI) invites applications for a scientific leadership post responsible for establishing a research team and driving research activities in infection and immunity. The research team will have outstanding scientific resources and generous funding opportunities amid existing expertise as well as the opportunity to contribute to a new research program in communicable disease.
The position offers ample opportunities for interaction and collaboration with national, regional, and international universities, research institutes, clinical entities, and other organizations.
Success is measured as real-world impact through a tangible output of high-impact publications; scientific interactions and collaborations; and patents.
- To manage and develop a leading research team in Qatar and the MENA region in the general area of infection and immunity.
- To manage and establish research budgets, secure external funding and participate in a collaborative and collegiate professional network within QBRI.
- To develop a national and international professional research network to lead and develop research advances and strategies in communicable disease research.
- To recruit a team of high caliber, dedicated and skilled researchers to work in QBRI.
- A PhD in the relevant field and at least five to 10 years of research team leadership experience in public and/or private research institutions of significant scale.
- Known, influential entity in his/her field with a vision of how to create, grow and nurture a world-class research team.
- Excellent and effective communication, management, and organizational skills.
- A demonstrated ability to work in a team/matrix environment.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
HBKU offers an attractive compensation package that includes a tax-free salary and additional benefits, such as housing & transportation allowances, children’s educational assistance, annual paid leave, airfares, and medical insurance, etc.
HBKU, as an equal opportunity educator and employer, is committed to maintaining culturally and academically diverse staff of the highest caliber.