Senior Research Scientist, Biology Immuno-oncology
Senior Research Scientist, Biology Immuno-oncology
United States - California - Foster City
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Gilead Sciences (Foster City, CA) is seeking a talented and highly motivated Senior Research Scientist to join our Immuno-oncology group. Our collaborative and interdisciplinary research team utilizes state-of-the-art technologies and innovative methodologies to advance medicines into the clinic. The successful candidate is expected to contribute to the discovery, research, and development of novel immunotherapeutic agents to address unmet medical needs of cancer patients. S/he will have opportunities for career growth through acquisition of new skills, experiences, and professional relationships in a fast-paced and resource-rich environment.
- Independently plan, execute, analyze, and interpret assays that support MOA and therapeutic combination studies of drug candidate projects
- Proactively evaluate new technologies and develop new assays to enhance our understanding of disease mechanisms
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously and work cross-functionally with colleagues in the oncology, protein engineering, chemistry, translational medicine, biomarker, bioinformatics, and clinical groups
- May manage Research Associates or direct members of project teams in the initiation and execution of laboratory experimentation
- Presents research findings and recommendations to senior staff and contribute to
preparation of research reports, manuscripts, INDs, and patent filings
Knowledge, Experience and Skills
- PhD degree in immunology, cancer immunotherapy, cancer biology or cell biology and minimum of 4 years of experience in cancer biology, cell biology, molecular biology, or immunology, in industry or academia, or Bachelor's degree with extensive industry experience. Title to be adjusted commensurate with experience.
- Extensive experience in evaluating drug combinations (methodology and software)
- Experience in general molecular and cell biology methods, primary human and / or mouse tissue culture, cell separation / expansion and immunological techniques (especially 3D culture)
- Attention to detail with excellent organizational and record keeping skills
- Results oriented, independent self-starter who enjoys working in a fast-paced dynamic environment.
- MUST HAVE extensive immunology experience.
- Experience in transcriptomics analysis (RNAseq, Nanostring)
- Knowledge of tumor/T cell/immune cell co-culture and/or antigen presentation assays in murine and/or human systems
- In vivo study design/execution and CRO management
- Experience with cell-based assays for evaluation of cell signaling (e.g. western blot, reporter-based assays) and proliferation / survival using small-molecule inhibitors and/or biologics
Gilead Sciences is continuing to hire for all open roles. Our interview process may be conducted virtually, and some roles will be asked to temporarily work from home. Over the coming weeks and months, we will be implementing a phased approach to bringing employees back to site to ensure the health and safety of our teams.
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---California---Foster-City/Senior-Research-Scientist--Biology---Immuno-oncology_R0017733-1
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency