Security Analyst, Architect
Security Analyst, Architect
United States - North Carolina - Raleigh
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a biopharmaceutical company that has pursued and achieved breakthroughs in medicine for more than three decades, with the goal of creating a healthier world for all people. The company is committed to pursuing scientific invention to prevent and treat life-threatening diseases, including HIV, viral hepatitis and cancer. Gilead has operations in more than 35 countries worldwide, with headquarters in Foster City, California.
You will be part of a team that is helping millions of people live healthier, more fulfilling lives. We are a close community where every individual matters and everyone has a chance to enhance their skills through ongoing development. Inclusion is one of our core values, which means we are creating and fostering a work environment where our differences are valued, and everyone feels respected and empowered to bring their authentic selves to work. By joining Gilead, you will further our mission to discover, develop and deliver innovative therapeutics for people with life-threatening diseases.
The Gilead Business Services center in Raleigh's Research Triangle region will be home to some of the company's critical shared service teams in North America, including Information Technology, Global Financial Solutions, HR Operations and Procurement Services Desk. These functions provide the necessary support to ensure Gilead's business runs effectively and efficiently. The center will also be a catalyst for standardization of processes, digital transformation and technology
This role will act as part of the IT Security Architecture and Governances team focusing on security architecture and compliance. They will perform Security Architecture assessments for incoming vendors and projects, reviewing them for compliance with Company's security requirements and controls. This role may also act in advisory position, providing guidance as to the appropriate controls for a project based on the data involved and the hosting model, identifying the controls, validating that they are included in the design and included in the test plan. They will also participate in assessments related to additional controls necessary for systems that reside in high risk countries. They will also participate in the risk and compliance processes drafting standards and polices and participating is system audits.
Key Job Functions:
- Security architecture assessments (includes on-prem, SaaS, PaaS & IaaS, and related integrations) and related governance processes and controls
- Review and participate in drafting vendor and project controls & standards
- POC architecture assessments
- IT Security capability mapping
- Compliance audits
- Act as interface with Privacy team for assessments.
- Create Security & vendor Assessment documents
- Participate in assessment process development
- Participate in risk process and Risk Register reviews
- Interface with the IT Security Operations and Engineering teams
High School Degree and Eleven Year's Experience OR Associates Degree and Nine Year's Experience OR Bachelor's Degree and Seven Years' Experience OR Masters' Degree and Five Years' Experience
- Strong verbal and written communication skills the ability to adapt information delivery based on the target audience.
- Ability to interpret, understand, and communicate real business risks in relation to technology risks.
- Ability to create or review controls for protection of systems and applications.
- Knowledge of information security principles, concepts, practices, systems software, database software, and immediate access storage technology to carry out activities relating to security certification and accreditation.
- Ability to provide expert technical advice, guidance, and recommendations to management and other technical specialists on critical information technology security issues.
- Experience with security tools and platforms including SIEM, IPS/IDS, SecOps, Endpoint and Server protection, Network protection, Firewalls, etc.
- Knowledge of Federated Identity Management, Single Sign On, and Enterprise class Identity and Access Management solutions (e.g. technology, processes, architecture, etc.)
- Very strong security awareness and knowledge.
- Strong understanding of key infrastructure systems (AD, Linux, Databases, Virtual Environment).
- Proven ability at building working relationships with partners, peers, and senior Management.
- Ability to multitask and manage multiple topics and demands concurrently.
- Working knowledge of IT processes (i.e., ITIL) including incident, problem, defect, change and release management.
- Highly organized, results-oriented, practical and attentive to details.
- Self-motivated, proactive, independent and responsive - requires little supervisory attention.
- High level of personal integrity consistent with Company's core values.
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---North-Carolina---Raleigh/Security-Analyst--Architect_R0017599
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency