Intern- Graduate- Competitive Intelligence
Intern- Graduate- Competitive Intelligence
United States - California - Foster City
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Gilead Sciences is looking to hire a Graduate Intern for its Competitive Intelligence team; the individual will gain significant exposure by supporting the following activities:
- Collect, synthesize, and deliver key insights and implications to our business on the competitive environment (related both to marketed products and pipeline compounds) via PowerPoint and/or Word/email channels
- Collaborate with a broad cross-functional group of therapeutic area stakeholders (Global Commercial Product Strategy, Marketing, Corporate Development, Corporate Strategy, Medical Affairs, Clinical, Research, Regulatory, and Legal) as well as Senior Management
- Potentially work with functional leaders in Market Research, Forecasting, and/or Marketing to carry out projects in these areas, and participate in the formulation of product/franchise strategies based on data and insights derived from CI, market research, and forecasting analyses
- Evaluate and make recommendations on CI tools, processes, and services such as information dashboards, submission capturing and standardized reporting as requested by the head of the functional area
- Key areas of focus in this effort are the strategies, programs, and capabilities of competitors in both R&D and commercial areas, as well as trends in areas such as treatment guidelines, pricing and IP
- The candidate will follow pre-defined standards to ensure legal and ethical approaches to CI, protecting business interests and confidentiality.
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Graduate Student (MBA or PharmD candidate) enrolled in a accredited university/college; including enrollment in the Fall Semester after completing the internship
- Minimum GPA of 2.8
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and interpersonal skills are required
- Ability to complete 10-12 consecutive weeks between June to August
- 4 years of prior consulting, finance and/or corporate experience in biotech/pharma
- Experience investigating fresh clinical data and creating assessments with quick turnaround times
- Education and training in biological sciences is a plus
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---California---Foster-City/Intern--Graduate--Competitive-Intelligence_R0016861-1
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency