Head of Project Management (Executive Director)
Head of Project Management (Executive Director), Pharmaceutical Development & Manufacturing
United States - California - Foster City
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Head of Project Management, Pharmaceutical Development & Manufacturing
The Pharmaceutical Development and Manufacturing organization has a diverse workforce in 11 countries. PDM is responsible for all development and manufacturing activities encompassing process and device development, production, analytical operations, information systems, quality assurance and regulatory affairs, as well as supply chain management for all of Gilead's small molecules, biologics and antibody-drug conjugates in development programs and commercial products. You will see the tangible results of your contributions, where every individual matters, and everyone has a chance to enhance their skills through on-going development. Our scientific focus has resulted in marketed products that are benefiting hundreds of thousands of people, a pipeline of late-stage drug candidates, and unmatched patient access programs to ensure medications are available to those who could otherwise not afford them. By joining PDM at Gilead, you will further our mission to address unmet medical needs and improve life by advancing the care of patients with life-threatening diseases.
Specific Responsibilities for the Position:
This Executive Director role within PDM Project Management will report into the EVP of Pharmaceutical Development and Manufacturing. Ensuring successful delivery of strategic initiatives, this highly visible role heads the functional Project Management Office (PMO) to prioritize all projects to the CMC product and Outsourcing Teams, Operational Excellence Projects, key systems and business processes. This position collaborates across the PDM extended leadership team for regular project and portfolio review in addition to strategy prioritization in support of the PDM leadership meetings. The scope of products in the portfolio includes small molecules, biologics, and antibody drug conjugates. The Head of PDM Project Management will ensure that the work of the PM Organization adds value, aligns with the strategy of the organization, and meets the goals set by executive management. Keenly skilled in managing enterprise wide impact, the position shapes communication for PDM execute leadership.
The individual must have the proven ability to effectively manage cross functional, complex and ambiguous projects, influence stakeholders without direct authority, effectively network across the organization, and communicate with senior leaders all within a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
The position will consist of the following main duties:
- In alignment with PDM LT and PDM strategic priorities, will enable and drive business strategy prioritization through operational rigor, collaboration and cross functional/leadership alignment
- Communication and change management strategy and planning leader experienced at shaping communication plans for executive functional leaders for internal functional stakeholders
- Develop and maintain detailed work plans on key initiatives which include identification of project tasks, clear milestones, and assignments of work project responsibilities, schedules, plans, resources, and status reports
- Proactively monitors portfolio to ensure communication on project/program strategy, status, critical path activities, resource requirements, risks and mitigation strategies are identified early and communicated effectively to senior management
- Drives the cross-portfolio reporting with the stakeholders. Ensures all programs have accurate timelines and project teams have clear goals, objectives, and milestones consistent with the priorities of the business
- Demonstrates the ability to promote collaboration, strategic alignment and integrated planning and execution across multiple functions in a matrixed organization
- Opportunity to work closely with extended senior leadership and business partners to define the meeting agendas, priorities, goals and operating model for department
- Creates executive presentations and messaging for the Leadership forums and All Hands meetings
- Champions and enhances the use of project management tools, methodology, templates, and processes to drive efficiency, alignment, and effective planning
- Recruits top talent and develops the staff; creates a performance-based culture through accountability and drive for excellence
Knowledge, Experience & Skills
- 14+ years of relevant experience and a BA or BS or; 12+ years of relevant experience and a MS or MBA. Relevant experience consists of a Program or Portfolio Management role within the biotech/pharmaceutical industry with thorough understanding of the drug development process
- CMC experience in small molecules, biologics, or antibody drug conjugates
- Highly resourceful and strategic thinker with strong emotional intelligence, internal and external Communication management, operational rigor and project management capabilities
- Demonstrated success with creating strategies, long-term planning, and managing integrated timelines and resources. Manage and engage with leadership to innovate and refine strategies
- Strong experience in Project Management processes, creating templates, and training materials. PMP certification desirable
- Excellent organizational planning skills, time management, and record retention. Capable of setting priorities and managing high workload. Strong work ethic and demonstrated ability to deliver assignments on time, thorough follow-through and implementation skills
- Strong leadership and succinct communication skills written and verbal including presentation slide preparation and delivering trainings or oral presentations
- Ability to collaborate with multiple layers of the organization with demonstrated success initiating change and influencing at all levels
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with new, complex technologies and produce professional work products
- Demonstrated strong leadership with ability to develop a strong team
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---California---Foster-City/Head-of-Project-Management--Pharmaceutical-Development---Manufacturing_R0016682-2
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency