Director, Supply Chain (Demand Planning)
Director, Supply Chain (Demand Planning)
Ireland - Cork
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Director, Demand Planning
The position is accountable for the Demand Planning process for assigned regions (ACE, Asia and Intercontinental) and reports to the Senior Director of Demand Planning. The incumbent will work effectively and in close collaboration with regional Commercial leadership and key stakeholders across Gilead's Pharmaceutical Development Manufacturing (PDM) organisation to continually evolve the demand planning process to meet strategic objectives. The role will be responsible for ensuring accurate monthly forecasting and planning processes meet internal stakeholder requirements and patient needs. Establishing and maintaining effective oversight and governance for Demand Planning in assigned regions, as well as achieving key performance indicators, will serve as key success factors for the role. The incumbent will act a key liaison and strategic business partner to regional Commercial and Global Supply Chain leadership. The role will also be accountable for identifying and implementing continuous improvements in business processes and associated underpinning technologies.
Essential Duties and Job Functions
- Partner with Commercial affiliates to ensure accurate demand forecasts and market analytics. Accountable for the dissemination and application of market intelligence to global supply planning and related functions
- Act as key point of contact for senior regional Commercial and PDM leadership to communicate and support the implementation of supply chain strategy
- Responsible for the provision of demand forecasting and planning input to S&OP process
- Partner with Commercial, Global Supply Chain and Finance on the development of the annual budget demand plan. Ensure cross-functional alignment of the plan with the financial commitments of the organization.
- Drive the use of appropriate statistical models for future demand predictions and/or scenarios.
- Responsible for key demand planning metrics and tracking of benefits and improvements to the business
- Provide input to the Global Supply Chain organisation in developing inventory strategies on existing product portfolio, new products, and product phase-outs.
- Create and maintain documentation and standard operating procedures for demand forecasting and planning processes and systems
- Identify and lead significant continuous improvement projects
- Provide leadership to a team of demand planning analysts by establishing both the long-term vision and near-term performance objectives for the regional demand planning team along with setting and reviewing performance and development objectives for each team member.
Knowledge, Experience and Skills
- Expert leader with a proven track record of building and managing high performing teams
- Experienced people manager with a strong reputation for mentoring and developing people
- Expertise and track record in supply chain planning and forecasting
- Possesses a strong understanding and application of forecasting principles, concepts, practices in the pharmaceutical/biotech industry
- Exceptional analytics capability
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, as well as the ability to effectively communicate with technical and nontechnical audiences
- Strong interpersonal and collaborative skills, as well as strong skills as a negotiator to reach consensus, alignment and commitment
- Ability to interact effectively with senior management
- Sound organizational and time management skills
- BA/BS or MBA/MS with extensive relevant experience in a related field
Travel required - up to 25
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)
It is the policy of Gilead Sciences, Inc. and its subsidiaries and affiliates (collectively "Gilead" or the "Company") to recruit select and employ the most qualified persons available for positions throughout the Company. Except if otherwise provided by applicable law, all employment actions relating to issues such as compensation, benefits, transfers, layoffs, returns from layoffs, company-sponsored training, education assistance, social and recreational programs are administered on a non-discriminatory basis (i.e. without regard to protected characteristics or prohibited grounds, which may include an individual's gender, race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, medical condition, veteran status, and age, unless such protection is prohibited by federal, state, municipal, provincial, local or other applicable laws). Gilead also prohibits discrimination based on any other characteristics protected by applicable laws.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/Ireland---Cork/Director--Supply-Chain--Demand-Planning-_R0013346-1
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency