Sr. Research Scientist I - Biomarker Sciences Oncology
Sr. Research Scientist I - Biomarker Sciences Oncology
United States - California - Foster City
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
- This position will report to Senior Research Scientist II in the Oncology Biomarker Sciences group and support biomarkers studies for the magrolimab (anti-CD47) program in hematological indications
- Direct the development, outsourcing, and validation of clinically applicable biomarker assays including pharmacodynamic, predictive, prognostic, safety and other biomarkers for a cancer immunotherapy program
- Lead cross-functional Biomarker Teams to execute biomarker/diagnostic development strategies to generate, analyze, and interpret data from clinical studies
- Identify, establish and oversee external collaborations with key opinion leaders, academic sites, and CROs
- Collaborate with Research Biology, Clinical Research, Bioinformatics and Biostatistics functions to create synergy in developing biomarker strategies and translational approaches
- Strong experimental background and experience in hypothesis-driven biological/translational research with demonstrated ability to execute well-designed experiments in oncology and immunology
- Experience with genomic, epigenetic, gene expression, metabolomics, multiplexed protein detection or other related emerging platforms or data sets is preferred.
- Must be able to work independently and effectively on multiple programs in a fast-paced matrixed environment
- Excellent collaboration, communication, and interpersonal skills are required
- Must be team and detail-oriented, motivated, and results focused.
- Demonstrated expertise in immunology and/or oncology; experience in translational or biomarkers research in hematological malignancies preferred
- Ability to integrate complex scientific ideas, generate testable hypotheses, and execute
- Analysis and interpretation of biomarker data in preclinical and clinical setting
- Broad understanding of drug discovery and development in both early late stage development and familiarity with regulatory approval process.
- Knowledge of biomarker discovery and development, assay development/validation, clinical discovery of biomarkers, and MoA/translational research.
- Authoring of biomarker strategy documents, biomarker specific portion of clinical protocols, and regulatory documents
- Basic understanding of technical aspects of companion diagnostics development
- Proven scientific/leadership expertise (working in teams, managing people/projects commensurate with level)
- PhD and/or post-doc training in the area of cancer, immunology, or other related medical science field with a minimum of 3-7 years of directly relevant biotechnology or pharmaceutical industry experience preferred.
- Biomarkers experience in hematological malignancies strongly preferred.
- Candidate must be detail-oriented with excellent record keeping and organizational skills.
- Must be a highly flexible, results oriented, independent self-starter who enjoys working in a fast-paced dynamic multi-disciplinary environment.
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---California---Foster-City/Sr-Research-Scientist-I---Biomarker-Sciences-Oncology_R0016092
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency