Director, Vendor Relationship Management
Director, Vendor Relationship Management
United States - California - Foster City
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Director, Vendor Relationship Management
We are currently seeking an industry leader for a Director, Vendor Relationship Management, Development Business Operations role who will take on a key leadership role for this function and across the wider organization. This leadership role is responsible for the strategy, planning, oversight, and delivery of the Vendor Relationship Management program and function across the clinical drug development cycle. The successful candidate will have deep expertise in global program design, people management and development, direct vendor oversight and/or alliance management skills in the biotech or pharmaceutical industries. A strong foundation in operations (clinical drug development), outsourcing, and/or vendor management is critical for success in this role. This position will be located at Gilead's headquarters in Foster City, CA.
The core responsibilities and skills required for this position include but are not limited to:
- Manages the day-to-day vendor relationship management activities across multiple outsourced service areas across the development organization remit
- Is accountable for portfolio oversight and delivery for strategic or emerging vendors, both individually and across the functional team
- Leads the escalations related to the managed vendors in terms of risk management, leading portfolio level issue resolution at the operational and senior executive levels
- Utilizes prior experience in the development of, or reporting on, portfolio level Key Performance Indicators, and subsequently uses these to drive performance goals and improvements, as necessary
- Delivers with optimal collaboration, accountability, and integrity to business partners
- Shows the clear ability to apply critical thinking, strategy development, and vision towards the growth of the vendor relationship management program, while also overseeing the day-to-day execution in a high volume, fast paced environment
- Translates the usage of industry best practices to the overall program, utilizing external sources such as benchmarking, data, and processes to continually drive improvements linked to an overall strategy
- Develops, communicates, and executes a multi-year program strategy and vision to drive operational excellence, inclusive of year-over-year ROI delivery to the organization
- Leverages prior experience with external benchmarking, industry best practices, and technology to continuously improve the program
- Can clearly articulate and implement a data strategy for the Vendor Relationship Management program globally, utilizing multiple sources of data to drive proactive decision making, and/or support other critical decision points across multiple functional areas related to vendor performance
- Lead the functional evaluation of new business processes or process improvement opportunities
Influence and Partnership
- Shows clear ability to work collaboratively with other cross functional groups and the vendor base
- Competency in regularly establishing relationships with cross functional teams, such as operations, finance, quality, systems and process, as well as externally with the corresponding vendor functions
- Demonstrates collaboration and drive for global standardization and best practices with internal and external business partners to deliver greater operational performance, efficiency, and quality
- Leads a team of senior vendor relationship management professionals globally, and develops others by identifying and mentoring high performers through a culture of inclusion and collaboration
- Exhibits strong managerial skills and demonstrated success in managing multiple direct reports in a global and virtual environment
- Demonstrated ability to make critical decisions related to projects and tasks
- Excellent communication skills and comfort level interacting with internal and external teams across all levels, including regular interface with senior executives
- Successfully translates the organizational focus and strategic objectives between organizations (internal and to the managed vendor base), and subsequent management or participation on teams for implementation activities and/or change management
Capabilities and Requirements
- Experience with large scale external alliance management, such as a Business Unit model with external vendors
- Experience with all aspects of vendor oversight or alliance management: from vendor selection, contract development, selection, to performance management (i.e. - portfolio oversight), and continuous improvement of the vendor base, both individually as well as at a programmatic level
- Prior role or experience serving as a key leader to support organizational decision making or strategic planning in a data driven manner
- Experience with risk management plans, quality agreements, and robust relationship management plans
- Familiarity with various Regulatory and industry trends on compliance level activity (i.e. - ICH GCP E6 R2, etc.) and experience with interfacing with internal regulatory compliance and quality functions to drive vendor base improvements
- Demonstrated leadership skills while working in fast paced and changing environment
- Travel may be required
Knowledge, Experience and Skills:
- Relevant experience with a BA or MS in a relevant discipline, with 10-12 years of direct external facing experience.
- Relevant experience typically includes externally facing vendor management, clinical outsourcing, process improvement, and program development
- Familiarity with operational tools such as six-sigma, lean, and process mapping a plus
- Experience leading a team of 3 or more
- MBA preferred
- Advanced certification (PMP, etc.) a plus
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---California---Foster-City/Director--Vendor-Relationship-Management_R0015026
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency