Research Associate III
Location: South San Francisco, CA, United States
Job Identification: 769
Job Schedule: Full time
- Method Research: invent assay methodologies that will enable expansion into new target markets
- Assay Development: develop new assay chemistries with the goal of minimizing cost and turnaround time while maintaining accuracy
- Sequencing Protocol Design: design panels for the latest sequence capture methods and optimize protocols for targeted clinical sequencing assays
- You have a BA/BS or MS in Molecular Biology, Biochemistry (or similar field), and/or 3+ years of full-time experience working in a laboratory utilizing molecular biology techniques.
- Previous experience working with minimal supervision is a plus.
- Able to accurately document your work and effectively communicate progress in written and verbal form.
- You are quantitative-minded and know your way around a computer. Actual programming experience and/or training in statistics is desirable.
- You are familiar with next-gen sequencing protocols and operation of Illumina or Ion Torrent instruments.
- Previous experience working with laboratory automation is a plus (Tecan, Bravo, Biomek, etc).
- Most importantly, you do not rest until you've optimized your experiments, and want to see them used in the clinical care of millions of patients.
- Compensation: $78,000 - $92,000+
Physical and Mental Job Requirements
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; talk; or hear.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and stoop; kneel; or crouch
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and depth perception.
About UsMyriad Genetics Inc., is a leading personalized medicine company dedicated to being a trusted advisor transforming patient lives worldwide with pioneering molecular diagnostics. Myriad discovers and commercializes molecular diagnostic tests that: determine the risk of developing disease, accurately diagnose disease, assess the risk of disease progression, and guide treatment decisions across six major medical specialties where molecular diagnostics can significantly improve patient care and lower healthcare costs. Myriad is focused on three strategic imperatives: maintaining leadership in an expanding hereditary cancer market, diversifying its product portfolio through the introduction of new products and increasing the revenue contribution from international markets. For more information on how Myriad is making a difference, please visit the Company's website: www.myriad.com .
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. Applicants and employees are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.
Please answer all questions completely. Please do not provide any information not specifically requested on this Employment Application form.
Apply Here: https://www.click2apply.net/aQJ6rdU2G4wrHJKMUdBOa