Senior Scientist (molecular assay development)
Location: South San Francisco, CA, United States
Job Identification: 912
Job Schedule: Full time
Myriad Genetics is a trailblazing genetic testing company that has helped millions of patients make critical healthcare decisions. We are the leader of hereditary cancer screening and prenatal screening, innovating every day to empower women and their families to benefit from advanced molecular technologies.
We are looking for a skilled molecular biologist and NGS expert to join our supportive and interdisciplinary R&D team in South San Francisco. The ideal candidate has mastery of general nucleic-acid laboratory techniques, extensive experience with NGS assay development, and the ingenuity to think creatively and practically about how to use genomics to serve millions of patients.
What you'll do:
- Make critical contributions to awesome products in a cutting-edge clinical genomics laboratory
- Lead the cross-functional development of new molecular-diagnostic assays, taking them from small-scale experiments at inception to high-throughput clinically validated assays at launch
- Optimize the performance of existing assays-using clever custom chemistry and careful protocol adjustments-to make genetic testing more accessible and equitable
- Grow alongside a close-knit team of talented experimental scientists, software engineers, automation engineers, and data scientists
(feel very encouraged to apply even if not all are met):
- Ph.D. or M.S. in Molecular Biology, Genetics, Biochemistry, Biophysics, or related discipline
- Comprehensive knowledge of nucleic-acid biology and techniques, with particular focus on NGS; command of genetics is a plus
- Industry experience is preferred but not strictly required if candidate has enough nucleic-acid and NGS mastery
- Basic software skills to facilitate data analysis (Python, Bash, etc.) and/or a willingness to learn
- A sense of humility coupled with deep compassion, impeccable integrity, and an eagerness to be part of a caring and supportive team
About UsMyriad Genetics Inc., is a leading personalized medicine company dedicated to being a trusted advisor transforming patient lives worldwide with pioneering molecular diagnostics. Myriad discovers and commercializes molecular diagnostic tests that: determine the risk of developing disease, accurately diagnose disease, assess the risk of disease progression, and guide treatment decisions across six major medical specialties where molecular diagnostics can significantly improve patient care and lower healthcare costs. Myriad is focused on three strategic imperatives: maintaining leadership in an expanding hereditary cancer market, diversifying its product portfolio through the introduction of new products and increasing the revenue contribution from international markets. For more information on how Myriad is making a difference, please visit the Company's website: www.myriad.com .
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. Applicants and employees are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.
Please answer all questions completely. Please do not provide any information not specifically requested on this Employment Application form.
Apply Here: https://www.click2apply.net/eoGmDOuG1EjKfXqmSdgxp