IT Security Technology Lead, Endpoint Security
IT Security Technology Lead, Endpoint Security
United States - North Carolina - Raleigh
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a biopharmaceutical company that has pursued and achieved breakthroughs in medicine for more than three decades, with the goal of creating a healthier world for all people. The company is committed to pursuing scientific invention to prevent and treat life-threatening diseases, including HIV, viral hepatitis and cancer. Gilead has operations in more than 35 countries worldwide, with headquarters in Foster City, California.
You will be part of a team that is helping millions of people live healthier, more fulfilling lives. We are a close community where every individual matters and everyone has a chance to enhance their skills through ongoing development. Inclusion is one of our core values, which means we are creating and fostering a work environment where our differences are valued, and everyone feels respected and empowered to bring their authentic selves to work. By joining Gilead, you will further our mission to discover, develop and deliver innovative therapeutics for people with life-threatening diseases.
The Gilead Business Services center in Raleigh's Research Triangle region will be home to some of the company's critical shared service teams in North America, including Information Technology, Global Financial Solutions, HR Operations and Procurement Services Desk. These functions provide the necessary support to ensure Gilead's business runs effectively and efficiently. The center will also be a catalyst for standardization of processes, digital transformation and technology optimization.
The IT Security Technology (STO) Lead is responsible for systems and processes which support Gilead's IT Security Infrastructure. The STO Lead is a primary interface between Security Engineering and Management teams, and the 24x7 Operations teams who support the infrastructure. In the role the STO Lead will provide technical and procedural leadership and function as an escalation point for issues outside the scope of normal operations.
Essential Job Functions:
- Leverage extensive Security and IT experience to address technical escalations.
- Manage security systems and associated technologies and procedures
- Plan and lead system upgrades
- Review incidents and service requests
- Update documentation and procedures
- Ensure system compliance
- Support Security Management in special projects and initiatives
- Provide cross-functional leadership and technical expertise for the IT organization.
High School Degree and Eleven Year's Experience OR Associates Degree and Nine Year's Experience OR Bachelor's Degree and Seven Years' Experience OR Masters' Degree and Five Years' Experience
- Minimum 10 years of progressively responsible IT experience with at least 5 years of security infrastructure experience.
- Security professional with a proven leadership experience within the IT security industry.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to adapt information delivery based on the target audience.
- Strong background in Endpoint Security, AV/Malware, EDR, UBA, Whitelisting
- Endpoint security includes Servers, Lab systems and End-User computers
- Experience in Certificate Management and PKI Operations.
- Information Security Certification (CISSP, GSEC, GPEN, CEH, etc.) or other related security certification is a plus.
- Experience in a large scale globally dispersed operation model.
- Ability to create or review procedures for systems and applications operations.
- Ability to provide expert technical advice, guidance, and recommendations to management and other technical specialists on critical information technology security issues.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, highly visible, changing environment.
- Strong understanding of key infrastructure systems (AD, Linux, Databases, Virtual Environment).
- Proven ability at building working relationships with partners, peers, and senior Management.
- Working knowledge of IT processes (i.e., ITIL) including incident, problem, defect, change and release management.
- Prior working experience in a Pharmaceutical company is a big plus.
- Highly organized, results-oriented and attentive to details.
- Self-motivated, proactive, independent and responsive - requires little supervisory attention.
- High level of personal integrity consistent with Gilead's core values.
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---North-Carolina---Raleigh/Endpoint-Security-Engineer_R0017445-1
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency