NTU Presidential Postdoctoral Fellowship 2021
Young and research-intensive, Nanyang Technological University (NTU Singapore), ranked 13th globally and placed 1st among the world’s best young universities, has a vibrant research eco-system with a high proportion of early career researchers. It has a healthy environment for interdisciplinary research collaboration and the research is well funded.
NTU invites outstanding early-career researchers to apply for appointment as a NTU Presidential Postdoctoral Fellow (PPF). The PPF aims to provide the opportunity for outstanding early career researchers from Singapore and around the world, to conduct independent investigations in any discipline at NTU. This Fellowship provides research funding over two years. There is personal development opportunities coupled with mentorship in an established research group. These conditions will empower the Fellows to strive for research excellence and impact and enable them to meet their ambitions as global research leaders.
The Presidential Postdoctoral Fellowship provides:
- A two-year tenure with a salary of SGD 80,000 per year.
- A research grant of up to SGD 100,000 per year.
- A housing grant of SGD 18,000 per year with eligibility for subsidized apartment accommodation (subject to availability)
- Relocation expenses of up to SGD 4,000 (if eligible)
- Mentorship and support in an established research group.
- Opportunity to work with faculty in mentoring graduate students.
- Exposure to the most dynamic and diverse global growth regions.
- Within 5 years of obtaining Ph.D. or equivalent degree
- Demonstrable intellectual excellence.
- Maturity and capacity to begin an independent research career.
- Desire and potential to develop as a future academic leader.
- Submit a thoughtful and realistic research proposal
- Be available to take up the position no later than 31 Dec 2021.
HOW TO APPLY
The application is open from 15 January 2021 to 15 April 2021 (Singapore Time, UTC+8).
The following supporting documents have to be attached to the online application form:
- Cover Letter
- Comprehensive CV (with full publication list)
- Official transcript or Degree Certificate in English (PhD’s degree)
- Research proposal (in no more than 2 pages)
- Contact information of two referees (one must be PhD Supervisor)
- Top 3 publications (in PDF) and any other supporting documents (scanned copy)
Interested applicants are advised to have them ready before applying on-line. Late or incomplete applications will not be considered.
For more information on the Presidential Postdoctoral Fellowship, please visit http://www.ntu.edu.sg/tracs/ppf
Queries about the application can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.