Sr. Network Security Engineer
Sr. Network Security Engineer
United States - North Carolina - Raleigh
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a biopharmaceutical company that has pursued and achieved breakthroughs in medicine for more than three decades, with the goal of creating a healthier world for all people. The company is committed to pursuing scientific invention to prevent and treat life-threatening
diseases, including HIV, viral hepatitis and cancer. Gilead has operations in more than 35 countries worldwide, with headquarters in Foster City, California.
You will be part of a team that is helping millions of people live healthier, more fulfilling lives. We are a close community where every individual matters and everyone has a chance to enhance their skills through ongoing development. Inclusion is one of our core values, which means we are creating and
fostering a work environment where our differences are valued, and everyone feels respected and empowered to bring their authentic selves to work. By joining Gilead, you will further our mission to discover, develop and deliver innovative therapeutics for people with life-threatening diseases.
The Gilead Business Services center in Raleigh's Research Triangle region will be home to some of the company's critical shared service teams in North America, including Information Technology, Global Financial Solutions, HR Operations and Procurement Services Desk. These functions provide
the necessary support to ensure Gilead's business runs effectively and efficiently. The center will also be a catalyst for standardization of processes, digital transformation and technology
The Senior IT Network Security Engineer is a key member of Gilead's Security, Risk and Compliance (SRC) team and works closely with Infrastructure and Application services teams to ensure that all applications and systems are built, maintained and protected in accordance with policies, standards, and compliance requirements so that the risk is managed appropriately. The candidate will assist with developing and implementing appropriate network security solutions with the desired end state of Gilead's programs.
- Responsible for end to end solution lifecycle of enterprise network security solutions to include the architecture, design, integration, and testing
- Review and analyze existing enterprise network security solutions for effectiveness and efficiency, and then develop strategies for improving or leveraging these systems.
- Manage the development and deployment of new network security solutions and/or enhancements to existing network security solutions.
- Provide technical leadership and vision around network security monitoring, implementation and processes with balance of scalability, stability, cost, robustness and flexibility
- Assist in formulating security architecture recommendations and design security services.
- Conduct Risk and Vulnerability assessments and recommend preventive measures to reduce risk.
- Liaise with system and network administrators to assist with implementation and problem resolution for enterprise network security solutions.
- Direct the use of controls, tools and best practices into an environment to identify anomalous events and security infractions that may exploit system vulnerabilities reducing their impact
- Designs, implements, tests security controls and manages the associated remediation as needed for network security infrastructure and technology.
- Acting as a subject matter expert, builds, consults, validates, and verifies system security designs.
- Perform project leadership tasks on select security projects including development of requirements, evaluation of competing products, selection and implementation of products.
- Recommends and coordinates the application of fixes, patches, & recovery procedures in the event of a security breach.
- Assists in the testing of controls and the remediation of any deficiencies identified.
- Research emerging technologies in support of security enhancement and development efforts.
- Writing project documentation, position papers, etc. Must be able to work with project stakeholders to build appropriate business processes as part of the project lifecycle.
- Assist in formalizing and updating security policies, procedures and technical standards and auditing/monitoring compliance with those standards.
- Leads, performs or reviews security incident investigations.
- Assist in developing responses to internal & external audits, penetration tests and vulnerability assessments.
- High School Degree and Eleven Year's Experience OR Associates Degree and Nine Years Experience OR Bachelor's Degree and Seven Years' Experience OR Masters' Degree and Five Years' Experience
- Hands on experience IT experience with security/infrastructure protection experience.
- Security professional with a proven management experience within the security industry
- Information Security Certification (CISSP, CISM, CCNA, CCNP, GSEC) or other related security certification is highly desired
- Microsoft, Linux, and Network focused certifications would be an asset
- Must have a good understanding of the following security domains: Audit and Monitoring, Risk Response & Recovery, Cryptography, Data Communications, Computer Operations Security, Telecommunications & Network Security, Security Architecture & Models
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to adapt information delivery based on the target audience
- Ability to work in a fast paced, highly visible, changing environment.
- Strong Knowledge of Security Frameworks (ISO 27002, NIST 800-53, COBIT, HITRUST)
- Proven ability at building working relationships with partners, peers, and senior Management
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- In depth knowledge of networking and network routing protocols (OSPF, BGP, ISIS, EIGRP)
- In depth knowledge of stateful and next generation type firewalls
- Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) design and management
- Experience with Netflow/IPFIX based performance and security monitoring solutions
- Experience with Network Packet Broker type solutions
- Ability to troubleshoot complex networks and design network security solutions
- Strong network protocol analyzing skills (PCAP)
- Ability to multitask and manage multiple topics and demands concurrently
- Working knowledge of IT processes (i.e., ITIL) including incident, problem, defect, change and release management
- Prior working experience in a pharmaceutical company is a big plus
- Highly organized, results-oriented and attentive to details
- Self-motivated, proactive, independent and responsive - requires little supervisory attention
- Excellent presentation, facilitation and diplomacy skills
- High level of personal integrity consistent with Company's core values
- Performs other duties as assigned.
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---North-Carolina---Raleigh/Sr-Network-Security-Engineer_R0017442
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency