Associate Director, US Revenue Accounting
Associate Director, US Revenue Accounting
United States - California - Foster City
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Gilead's US Revenue Accounting team is a growing a diverse team of professionals in an atmosphere of inclusion. We seek individuals with unique talents, expertise and backgrounds whose efforts will advance Gilead's mission to help millions of people live healthier, more fulfilling lives.
We are looking to hire an energetic, collaborative US Revenue Accounting Associate Director
- Support the U.S. revenue accounting close and reporting process, ensuring compliance with U.S. GAAP, internal controls and company policy and procedures
- Provide leadership, business partnering or decision support on complex revenue related transactions or new product launches
- Monitor regulatory or business changes and address impacts to revenue accounting operations
- Maintain and/or develop policy, procedures or internal control analysis documents leading to effective and efficient financial reporting process and controls
- Collaborate with cross-functional business partners to identify continuous improvement opportunities and/or optimize revenue accounting operations
- Help to develop a high-performing team where inclusion and diversity of thought are leveraged for innovation and continuous improvement
- Coordinate and support internal and external audits and reviews
- Lead/support other company and/or CFO organization initiative and projects
Knowledge, Experience and Skills
- BA/BS degree and 10+ years' experience or Masters' degree and 8+ years' experience
- Experience in revenue accounting, in a commercial stage life sciences company preferred
- Ability to combine business acumen and U.S. GAAP knowledge to provide sound advice to business partners and senior management
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Ability to collaborate with and/or lead cross-functional business partners
- A combination of Big 4 CPA and hands-on operational experience strongly preferred
- Experience working with Oracle or SAP and related analytical applications is a plus
- Pharmaceutical industry experience preferred
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---California---Foster-City/Associate-Director--US-Revenue-Accounting_R0017539-1
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency