Lab Tech II
Lab Tech II
Canada - Alberta - Edmonton
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
- Files and retrieves the project-related records that are maintained by the Process Development Group
- Organizes and maintains the proper functions of a Process Development/Manufacturing laboratory
- Under general supervision, performs experiments that support activities in Process Development.
- Plans and organizes details of experiments with guidance
- Operates scientific equipment, selects appropriate methods and techniques to perform experiments
- Properly documents the experiment and records results
- Analyzes data and prepares related reports
- Participates in group/project meetings. May also present data or prepare for other to present
- Assists senior personnel in preparing technical documents, such as reports and data required for development reports and Master Batch Records (MBR's)
- Reports any deviations from Operating Instructions or SOPs to supervisor and seeks approval for corrective measures
- Acta as a designee of supervisory personnel to monitor and/or provide technical support for manufacturing processes in Laboratory Manufacturing and Manufacturing Plant
- Ensures that all instruments used have current calibrations
- Ensures that the work environment is kept clean, tidy and that all operations are carried out in a safe manner
- Follows all procedures as outlined in the Company Environmental, Health and Safety Policies
Essential Requirements and Education:
- An undergraduate student pursuing an BSc degree with a specialization in chemistry or related disciplines with minimal or no relevant experience.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/Canada---Alberta---Edmonton/Lab-Tech-II_R0017381
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency