Sr. Director, US Medical Affairs, Managed Care and Government Accounts
Sr. Director, US Medical Affairs, Managed Care and Government Accounts (MCGA) Oncology Lead for Academic Medical Centers (Foster City, CA)
United States - California - Foster City
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
We have an exciting opportunity within US Medical Affairs for a Senior Director in our Managed Care and Government Accounts (MCGA) team. This role can be office-based in our Foster City, CA headquarters, or remote.
Sr. Director, US Medical Affairs, Managed Care and Government Accounts (MCGA) - Oncology Lead for Academic Medical Centers
The Senior Director, MCGA - Oncology Lead will have overall responsibility for leading the development and execution of our Oncology strategy for Academic Medical Centers and other institutions as needed, including to establish a best-in-class scientific team of initially 3 Medical Scientists. This position will report to the Executive Director and Lead of MCGA.
Job Responsibilities (including, but are not limited to)
- In collaboration with global and US Oncology Medical Affairs, as well as US Commercial and Managed Markets, develop KAM strategies to ensure that Gilead is improving patient lives by aligning account needs, and external stakeholder value drivers to the Gilead Oncology portfolio.
- Develop a deep understanding of accounts, including customer engagement needs and preferences, to drive defined solutions with tailored account stakeholder communications to enhance account experience.
- Drive the development of account specific strategic plans of actions, including a detailed assessment of key influencers and decision makers at each account, as well as the composition of stakeholder networks.
- Strategically collect and share customer insights and evidence gaps that help to inform MCGA Oncology strategy team to advance data generation that is meaningful to customer educational needs, clinical and economic value communication and research priorities.
- Drive a One Gilead Oncology mindset and ways of working through close collaboration with cross-functional partners, with knowledge on optimal leverage of different functional expertise. Guide team to serve as account lead for each Academic Medical Center in their territories in order to orchestrate effective engagements of value across the enterprise.
- Partner with US Managed Markets Oncology xKAM Lead to develop tools and resources to support successful implementation of account plans, and defined metrics of success.
- Identify potential scientific research collaboration opportunities, including participation in clinical trials and Real-World research opportunities - work collaboratively to leverage research teams (Clinical Development, Medical Affairs Research, Value and Access Health Economic and Outcomes Research) to actively address evidence needs throughout product lifecycle to support Oncology scientific objectives.
- Understand Oncology KAM OL needs, and develop and maintain positive professional relationships with Oncology KAM thought-leaders based on mutual respect and the sincere interest in sharing their perspective on medical therapies.
- Collaborate effectively and in a compliant manner with colleagues in other functional areas throughout Gilead.
- Provide ongoing coaching, mentoring and oversight of xKAM Medical Scientists to manage for higher performance and facilitate individual MS career growth and development including provision of opportunities to highlight contributions and impact.
- Ensure operational excellence including goal setting, budget management, timely and accurate submission of timesheets and expense reports, recording of OL interactions, required training, etc.
- Ensure Medical Science compliance with applicable PhRMA Code, OIG guidelines, FDA related laws, regulations, guidance and Gilead policies.
- 10+ years Medical Affairs (medical device/pharmaceutical/biotech industry) experience preferred
- Advanced degree in life sciences in one or more of the following: MD, DO, PharmD, PhD
- Extensive experience managing large accounts in the Oncology space, with existing contacts among Oncology Academic Medical Centers required
- Therapeutic Area knowledge and experience in Oncology required
- Extensive knowledge of the US healthcare ecosystems and payer landscape, including possession of the business acumen necessary for patient access within the Oncology space
- Excellent strategic thinking skills, with demonstrated ability to successfully lead the ideation, development of a plan and move to action
- Possess a willingness and ability to work hands-on and with a sense of urgency, in a fast-paced, scientific, entrepreneurial environment
- Solid working knowledge of regulatory and compliance environment
- Effective organizational, project planning, and time management skills with proven ability to coach individuals and teams for peak performance
- Professional written and verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively present to and engage with a wide range of audiences
- Strong interpersonal skills including excellent verbal and written communication
- Computer proficiency in Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Adobe
- Ability to travel up to 50% of time within the US, post-pandemic.
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---California---Foster-City/Sr-Director--US-Medical-Affairs--Managed-Care-and-Government-Accounts--MCGA--Oncology-Lead-for-Academic-Medical-Centers--Foster-City--CA-_R0017530-2
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency