Director, IT Organizational Change Management Lead (Employee Experience)
Director, IT Organizational Change Management Lead (Employee Experience)
United States - North Carolina - Raleigh
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a biopharmaceutical company that has pursued and achieved breakthroughs in medicine for more than three decades, with the goal of creating a healthier world for all people. The company is committed to pursuing scientific invention to prevent and treat life-threatening diseases, including HIV, viral hepatitis and cancer. Gilead has operations in more than 35 countries worldwide, with headquarters in Foster City, California.
You will be part of a team that is helping millions of people live healthier, more fulfilling lives. We are a close community where every individual matters and everyone has a chance to enhance their skills through ongoing development. Inclusion is one of our core values, which means we are creating and fostering a work environment where our differences are valued, and everyone feels respected and empowered to bring their authentic selves to work. By joining Gilead, you will further our mission to discover, develop and deliver innovative therapeutics for people with life-threatening diseases.
The Gilead Business Services center in Raleigh's Research Triangle region will be home to some of the company's critical shared service teams in North America, including Information Technology, Global Financial Solutions, HR Operations and Procurement Services Desk. These functions provide the necessary support to ensure Gilead's business runs effectively and efficiently. The center will also be a catalyst for standardization of processes, digital transformation and technology optimization.
The Director, IT Organizational Change Management Lead (Employee Experience) presents the exciting opportunity to stand up an internal creative agency within a large IT organization and oversee everything from strategy to creative to graphic design, copy and more. The Director of Organizational Change Management (OCM) will report directly to the CIO Chief of Staff and be responsible for overseeing a small team of six employees and focus on the people side of change including changes to business processes, systems, and technology. For instance, when the company transitions to a new video conferencing software, this is the team that manages the employee experience and helps deploy the new solution to the general employee population through communication, training, marketing and follow up.
The primary responsibility of this role will be maximizing employee adoption and usage and minimizing resistance. This is a matrixed role and will require collaboration across IT and supporting business functions; Fully accountable for driving outcomes, a true problem-solver.
Essential Duties and Job Functions
- Lead and define the engagement approach between IT and the rest of the business. Work closely with the IT Leadership Team, key leaders across the IT Organization, and Change Managers within IT and the business to prioritize changes.
- Supervise the portfolio of IT change initiatives and govern change management activities, providing a structured methodology, standardized tools, and coaching to Change Managers.
- Estimate the level of effort and identify correct resources for each body of work; partner with Project Managers to set up Work Orders or scoping documents.
- Evaluate readiness assessments and change management plans prepared by Change Managers.
- Work with Change Managers to understand change impacts and affected users related to the project. Ensure End User Assessments are completed to determine the degree of audience impact.
- Deliberate potential areas of resistance and mitigation approach with Change Managers; suggest interventions where appropriate.
- Oversee measurement systems to track adoption, utilization, and proficiency of users.
- Oversee the communications and training schedule for multiple IT projects; harmonize the release of communications and training about other change initiatives.
- Approve communication assets to ensure quality control as well as proper messaging and distribution through IT Communications and Employee Communications.
- Align training strategies with IT Training offerings; encourage a comprehensive approach that addresses varying ways of learning
- Oversight and continuous improvement of the OCM methodologies and strategies used to navigate changes to further development the IT OCM organization.
- Proactively identify external changes and events that may affect change saturation or acceptance within the target audience. Take action to address the risk or act on opportunities to combine change activities with other events in the company.
- Supervise the creation and/or iteration of Personas through user research, discovery, and job shadowing.
- Grow the OCM CoE by assessing strengths and development needs of the staff and identifying opportunities to improve productivity and performance.
- Oversee end-to-end OCM vendor activities including understanding the intricacies of the OCM process including the Unity project management tool, templates, and tools being utilized in driving the appropriate OCM support strategy, relationship management, and performance management.
- Serve as a key liaison to the Operations Manager and their team to ensure accurate and cost-effective stewardship of the oversight of expenditures required to deliver OCM support across IT.
- Ensure all OCM team members have access and information to the most current OCM methodology, tools, templates, and processes used across the organization.
Associate's Degree and Fourteen Years Experience OR Bachelor's Degree and Twelve Years Experience OR Masters' Degree and Ten Years Experience OR PhD and Eight Years Experience
- Certified in Change Management practices
- 5+ years of leadership responsibilities managing direct reports and matrixed organizations
- Experience in IT business/industry, managing cross-functional teams or projects, and influencing senior-level management and key stakeholders
- Experience implementing global, transformational projects and programs
- Strong understanding of how to integrate company principles, methodologies, and operational processes into day-to-day activities and behaviors, as needed
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; expertise in converting technical messages into clear messages that outline why change is needed that appeals to key business personas
- Strong executive presence and ability to influence leaders; skilled in asking the right question(s) - in combination - to elicit a response for the leader/team needs at the moment
- Exceptional presentation skills with the ability to inform and influence leaders across IT and Gilead
- Able to understand and clarify business goals through consultation
- Understands how business goals integrate with project goals (why, so what) and translates those goals into actionable OCM strategies
- Strong ability to articulate the big picture with or without details and work in ambiguous situations
- Experience with coaching leaders on how best to contribute to change success
- Experience designing a methodology for success metrics and incentives to be applied across all programs
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---North-Carolina---Raleigh/Director--IT-Organizational-Change-Management-Lead--Employee-Experience-_R0017479-2
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency