Director, IT Mergers and Acquisitions Lead
Director, IT Mergers and Acquisitions Lead
United States - North Carolina - Raleigh
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a biopharmaceutical company that has pursued and achieved breakthroughs in medicine for more than three decades, with the goal of creating a healthier world for all people. The company is committed to pursuing scientific invention to prevent and treat life-threatening diseases, including HIV, viral hepatitis and cancer. Gilead has operations in more than 35 countries worldwide, with headquarters in Foster City, California.
You will be part of a team that is helping millions of people live healthier, more fulfilling lives. We are a close community where every individual matters and everyone has a chance to enhance their skills through ongoing development. Inclusion is one of our core values, which means we are creating and fostering a work environment where our differences are valued, and everyone feels respected and empowered to bring their authentic selves to work. By joining Gilead, you will further our mission to discover, develop and deliver innovative therapeutics for people with life-threatening diseases.
The Gilead Business Services center in Raleigh's Research Triangle region will be home to some of the company's critical shared service teams in North America, including Information Technology, Global Financial Solutions, HR Operations and Procurement Services Desk. These functions provide the necessary support to ensure Gilead's business runs effectively and efficiently. The center will also be a catalyst for standardization of processes, digital transformation and technology optimization.
We are seeking a Director, IT Mergers and Acquisitions Lead to manage end-to-end delivery of enterprise-level mergers and acquisitions (M&A) IT initiatives. This role requires strong project management and leadership skills to effectively represent IT to global, cross-functional stakeholders and executives, both internal and external, and to drive key activities for M&A projects including assisting in due diligence and managing programs, project scope and timelines, budgeting and financial reporting. This role will also provide guidance to assigned project teams and support the Corporate Development organization with planning and forecasting to achieve successful execution of M&A initiatives.
Specific Responsibilities & Skills
- Collaborate with Corporate Development and cross-functional leadership to confidentially answer questions on upcoming deals and run IT workstreams for company acquisitions in flight including participating in due diligence, employee day 1 launch, and any employee day 2 launches
- Oversee a cross-functional group of IT employees including managing their workstreams and deliverables
- Align team to customer needs by establishing milestones, goals, and objectives based on input from IT functional areas and stakeholders within enterprise M&A projects
- Provide guidance and motivation to project teams to successfully achieve project goals and corporate initiatives
- Serve as interface for IT between acquiring company, Corporate Development, functional leads, and other stakeholders
- Obtain and summarize current project information and milestone status versus project performance baseline. Provide key stakeholders with regular project performance status, variances to plan, and identification of corrective actions as needed
- Drive project or program tasks to completion in accordance with project schedule
- Manage financials and analyze costs for enterprise-level projects and programs, including capital expenditures, travel, training, contract workforce and internal resources allocation, and other project expenses
- Assist with organizational change management and integration for the target company, ensuring that users understand company systems and how to use them
- Ensure a smooth transition and training of employees to company personal productivity devices and general IT processes
- Demonstrate a commitment to customer service by anticipating needs and exceeding expectations with timely resolution of stakeholder concerns or issues
- Coach others through difficult decision-making situations
- Ensure full adherence to all company policies and procedures (i.e., security, health, safety, quality)
- Maintain discretion and confidentiality in all areas pertaining to the M&A transaction, as well as IT systems, data, and proprietary information, whether internal to company or customer specific
Associate's Degree and Fourteen Years Experience OR Bachelor's Degree and Twelve Years Experience OR Masters' Degree and Ten Years Experience OR PhD and Eight Years Experience
- Hands on Project Manager experience within IT business
- Hands on M&A program management experience in the technology industry
- PMI's Project Management Professional (PMP) certification or equivalent
- Hands on experience running IT Mergers and Acquisitions at a Fortune 100, highly desired
- Strong written and verbal communication and ability to present across all levels of an organization (C-level executives, management, SMEs)
- Ability to know what should be worked through independently and what needs to be escalated
- Detail-oriented, inquisitive, organized, flexible, accountable, resilient, and self-motivated
- Ability to lead diverse, cross-functional, global teams; mentors peers to help cultivate skills and knowledge that will enhance personal and professional growth
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with constantly evolving priorities, deliverables, and timelines
- Brings full energy to challenging projects, enjoys working in the fast-paced M&A space, and executes tasks efficiently and effectively with minimal planning and oversight
- Practices building strong, influential relationships with stakeholders in the business, operations, and other IT groups
- Knowledge of management of change best practices as they apply to M&A and ability to transition individuals, teams, and organizations to desired future state
- Understands the process of identifying, analyzing, and controlling unacceptable risks and/or issues
- Understands procurement processes for finding and purchasing goods, services, or work from an external source, often via competitive bidding process (RFI, RFP, RFQ)
- Understands and applies tools and techniques to define, measure, and control the performance of a project through KPIs, metrics, and SLA tracking
- Clearly articulates and solves complex problems and concepts to make timely decisions and drive activities in the organization that meet important windows of opportunity
- Understands the concepts and processes implemented to compare performance to predetermined standards, plans, or objectives for audit or regulatory and compliance requirements
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---North-Carolina---Raleigh/Director--IT-Mergers-and-Acquisitions-Lead_R0017481
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency