Associate Director, IT Communications and Organizational Change Management Lead (Internal IT)
Associate Director, IT Communications and Organizational Change Management Lead (Internal IT)
United States - North Carolina - Raleigh
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a biopharmaceutical company that has pursued and achieved breakthroughs in medicine for more than three decades, with the goal of creating a healthier world for all people. The company is committed to pursuing scientific invention to prevent and treat life-threatening diseases, including HIV, viral hepatitis and cancer. Gilead has operations in more than 35 countries worldwide, with headquarters in Foster City, California.
You will be part of a team that is helping millions of people live healthier, more fulfilling lives. We are a close community where every individual matters and everyone has a chance to enhance their skills through ongoing development. Inclusion is one of our core values, which means we are creating and fostering a work environment where our differences are valued, and everyone feels respected and empowered to bring their authentic selves to work. By joining Gilead, you will further our mission to discover, develop and deliver innovative therapeutics for people with life-threatening diseases.
The Gilead Business Services center in Raleigh's Research Triangle region will be home to some of the company's critical shared service teams in North America, including Information Technology, Global Financial Solutions, HR Operations and Procurement Services Desk. These functions provide the necessary support to ensure Gilead's business runs effectively and efficiently. The center will also be a catalyst for standardization of processes, digital transformation and technology optimization.
The Associate Director, IT Communications and Organizational Change Management Lead (Internal IT) is a great opportunity for someone that is looking for an exciting internal communication and change management role in a transformational role. This is a new position, and the role will serve as (1) internal communication and change management lead for a large IT organization, (2) executive communications lead and coordinator for the CIO, and (3) organizational change management lead for strategic, high importance IT initiatives to drive change and adoption across IT employee base.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone to play a few instrumental roles within the organization including:
- Serving as the ghostwriter and consultant to the CIO including everything from email communications to the IT organization to occasional external keynote presentations externally
- Spearheading internal IT employee engagement and communication campaigns including IT All Hands presentations, email communications, and recognition and engagement campaigns in a way that inspires and motivates employees
- Helping support IT's strong brand within the company and communicating important information and wins to executives through Board, Audit Committee, and CEO presentations
- Assisting IT project leads and leadership team members with special communications projects and change initiatives to the IT organization, for example when deploying a new project management tool to the organization or transitioning application owners from on prem to cloud.
The Associate Director, IT Communications and Organizational Change Management (OCM) will report to the Director of IT Change Management and work closely with the CIO Chief of Staff to enable employee engagement, communication, and development for IT organization. This role is ideal for someone that is self-motivated, enjoys participating in a high-performing team, and that is excited and eager to make a difference for everyone from executive to employee level.
This role will be project-based and multi-facetted cycling through various types of work, including:
- Serve as communication and branding expert, writing and developing executive presentations with minimal supervision for senior staff members to deliver, whether for internally leadership or a large external keynote presentation
- Project manage and lead strategic programs and initiatives resulting from leadership requests, employee survey action plans, and the overall organization strategy. Examples include organizational model changes and implementing process and culture change.
- Lead change management activities for pan-IT programs. Liaison between IT Leadership and business to enable massive IT shifts (such as cloud first transitions).
- Lead and define the engagement approach between IT Leadership and IT staff to address changes in processes, organizational structure, and culture.
- Assist with internal IT change management projects and work with technical staff to help enable the transitions (for example, assisting the Infrastructure with transitioning relevant parties from on-prem to cloud)
- Execute employee engagement strategy and activity map and help enable an engaged workforce by assisting in running in-person site events (post-Covid) and fostering collaboration and energy
- Compose a change management plan outlining the strategies and schedules for related OCM workstreams to engage sponsors, change behaviors and drive adoption.
- Work closely with IT Leadership to ensure proper alignment and communication of an operating model, strategic goals and priorities.
- Understand departmental needs across IT to recommend and design solutions related to employee engagement.
- Coordinate internal department communications and events for IT staff
- Edit and organize content for internal IT web sites
Associates Degree and Twelve Years Experience OR Bachelor's Degree and Ten Years' Experience OR Masters' Degree and Eight Years' Experience OR
PhD and Two Years' Experience
- Hands on experience in internal communication for IT business/industry
- Hands on experience leading change management work
- Experience influencing senior-level management and key stakeholders
- Certified in Prosci or another Change Management acumen
- Strong executive presence and ability to influence leaders; skilled in asking the right question(s) - in combination - to elicit a response for the leader/team needs at the moment
- Excellent communications skills - recognized for near perfection writing and editing skills and often asked to edit the work of their peers
- Exceptional presentation skills with the ability to inform and influence leaders across IT and Gilead
- Strong understanding of how to integrate company principles and operational processes into day-to-day activities and behaviors, as needed
- Ability to conceptualize page layouts and create graphics for print or digital assets
- Strong organization and program management skills, including the ability to quickly assist executive real-time requests
- Strong ability to articulate the big picture with or without details and work in ambiguous situations
- Experience with coaching leaders on how best to contribute to change success
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---North-Carolina---Raleigh/Associate-Director--IT-Communications-and-Organizational-Change-Management-Lead--Internal-IT-_R0017465
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency