Senior Manager, IT Program Engagement Lead
Senior Manager, IT Program Engagement Lead
United States - North Carolina - Raleigh
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a biopharmaceutical company that has pursued and achieved breakthroughs in medicine for more than three decades, with the goal of creating a healthier world for all people. The company is committed to pursuing scientific invention to prevent and treat life-threatening diseases, including HIV, viral hepatitis and cancer. Gilead has operations in more than 35 countries worldwide, with headquarters in Foster City, California.
You will be part of a team that is helping millions of people live healthier, more fulfilling lives. We are a close community where every individual matters and everyone has a chance to enhance their skills through ongoing development. Inclusion is one of our core values, which means we are creating and fostering a work environment where our differences are valued, and everyone feels respected and empowered to bring their authentic selves to work. By joining Gilead, you will further our mission to discover, develop and deliver innovative therapeutics for people with life-threatening diseases.
The Gilead Business Services center in Raleigh's Research Triangle region will be home to some of the company's critical shared service teams in North America, including Information Technology, Global Financial Solutions, HR Operations and Procurement Services Desk. These functions provide the necessary support to ensure Gilead's business runs effectively and efficiently. The center will also be a catalyst for standardization of processes, digital transformation and technology optimization.
The Senior Manager of IT Program Engagement will report to the Director of IT Change Management and be responsible for overseeing functions including:
- IT Program Roadmap and Portfolio: Understanding all projects and roadmaps across IT based on each organization's IT Portfolio. Distill and communicate the roadmap with prioritizations across IT. Assist with driving the prioritization process for OCM organization.
- Business Alignment: Responsible for ensuring timelines are aligned across program launches, IT organizations, and Gilead. Responsible for driving Communities of Practice, Enablement Networks, and Champion Groups.
This role requires a thought leader to help build a new culture, collaborating across a large and varied set of stakeholders, and help to establish a new way of working across IT. Someone ready to engage with various IT partners such as IT Training, Business Engagement, and IT Support as well as change champions within the business.
Essential Duties and Job Functions
- Drive business alignment, managing visibility to project schedules, identifying risks, providing proactive two-way communications with key stakeholders, relaying findings to Products Owners and OCM members, and providing actionable recommendations. Many projects span offices, time zones, and hemispheres, and the objective is to keep all parts of the IT Organization and IT OCM coordinated on project progress and continuing to ensure change efforts are effective and continually optimized.
- Review and ensure OCM Plans align with the team and the company's vision.
- Collaborate across OCM teams and key partners to communicate timelines, changes, and the business reasons behind these changes that are approved to share inside Gilead. Manage all day-to-day operational and tactical aspects of multiple implementation projects
- Must be an expert at developing and maintaining positive and productive relationships with IT Teams; impeccable communication skills and ability to understand IT clients' needs is imperative.
High School Degree and Eleven Year's Experience OR Associates Degree and Nine Years Experience OR Bachelor's Degree and Seven Years' Experience OR Masters' Degree and Five Years' Experience
- PMP Certification
- Background in Change Management practices
- Hands on experience in business/industry (beyond IT), managing cross-functional teams or projects, and influencing senior-level management and key stakeholders
- Strong communication skills. Ability to effectively communicate plans designed by OCM Team, plan progress, and status/updates to both internal staff and key stakeholders
- Ability to develop proactive and reactive communication channels for the team to engage with all our stakeholders
- Strong executive presence while collaborating across IT
- Demonstrates the ability to elicit transparent communication and feedback
- Continually seek opportunities to increase business value and employee satisfaction
- Expertise in project management and client engagement skills
- Natural leader: Able to build collaborative relationships with supervisors and peers; Able to delegate responsibilities with ease; Able to provide constructive feedback and praise; Able to understand and educate others.
- Strategic thinker. Ability to understand the Big-Picture, think quickly and adeptly when solving complex problems
- Ability to learn new tools and technologies quickly
- Exceptional with time management and organization
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---North-Carolina---Raleigh/Senior-Manager--IT-Program-Engagement-Lead_R0017447
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency