Sr Accounting Manager (Fixed Assets, CIP, IC)
Sr Accounting Manager (Fixed Assets, CIP, IC)
United States - North Carolina - Raleigh
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
The Sr Accounting Manager (Fixed Assets, CIP, IC), Global Financial Solutions, will be responsible for managing the day-to-day activities relating to Fixed Assets, Construction in Progress (CIP), Intercompany Accounting and Project Accounting in the US. The Senior Accounting Manager will partner with various groups including: FP&A, Tax, Treasury, Controllership and Business partners to ensure that transactions are recorded in accordance with US GAAP and SOX controls.
Essential Duties and Job Functions:
- Manage 3-4 direct reports to ensure successful accomplishments of individual and team goals and objectives
- Provide governance to ensure capital assets are recorded, transferred, disposed and depreciated in accordance with policy
- Maintain a control environment in which the processes are consistent with the requirements of Sarbanes-Oxley and company policies
- Review Capital Budget requests for proper classification of CAPEX/OPEX
- Review and approve monthly journal entries in the ERP system and subledger modules relating to Fixed Assets and Intercompany. Ensure month-end close deadlines are met.
- Review and approve journal entries and supporting documentation for R&D accruals
- Provide global oversight of intercompany eliminations, and related foreign exchange impacts
- Review aging of intercompany payables and receivables. Actively manage the intercompany settlement process.
- Review monthly account reconciliations for Fixed Assets, Intercompany and accruals. Prepare commentary for Balance Sheet flux analysis.
- Review quarterly SEC fixed asset roll-forward schedule, annual census reports, and audit schedules (PBCs)
- Lead annual impairment review of Fixed Assets
- Lead periodic review and analysis of the US Fixed Assets Registers
- Identify and lead the implementation of process improvements and participate in or lead cross-functional initiatives to implement best practices
- Interact with internal and external auditors to ensure the quarterly review and audit activities are executed on time
- Coordinate with FP&A to maintain and update IT, Facilities, Benefits and Manufacturing allocations at least annually
- Provide hands-on managerial leadership and guidance to staff. Work with employees to promote development and optimize workload distribution within the group.
- Maintain ownership of the AssureNET/Cadency account reconciliation software. This includes providing support to broader US accounting teams for questions, new account assignments, etc. Perform a reconciliation of global AssureNET balances to the General Ledger.
- Support ERP enhancements, reporting enhancements and UAT testing
- High school degree and twelve years' experience or Bachelor's degree and eight years' experience or Masters' degree and six years' experience
- Previous supervisory experience
- Able to apply accounting knowledge to day-to-day operations and assigned projects
- Strong technical expertise in their area of responsibility
- Proficiency with Microsoft tools (Excel, Outlook, and Word)
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Able to work in a fast-paced, changing environment, meeting deadlines in an accurate and timely manner
- Keen attention to detail
- Experience with process development and process improvement required
- Working knowledge of SAP
- Accounts Receivable experience
- Experience in a multinational organization
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---North-Carolina---Raleigh/Sr-Accounting-Manager--Fixed-Assets--CIP--IC-_R0017449-1
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency