We are currently seeking a highly motivated and creative postdoctoral associate, focused on serotonin drug screening and profiling signaling pathways at G protein-coupled receptors (GPCRs). The successful candidate will be employed on a full-time, fixed term contract for 2 years.
Aims of this project are to assist in analyzing novel serotonergic agents with therapeutic potential.
- Candidates with a doctorate in either pharmacology, biochemistry, cell biology, and/or medicinal chemistry, who are capable of independent work in a laboratory setting
- Candidates should have strong backgrounds in compound screening utilizing high-throughput technology (ie 384 well format), cell culture and aseptic technique, screening assay operation and biochemical assay design
- Candidates are also strongly recommended to have molecular pharmacology experience with mastery of molecular biology techniques
- Candidates with a strong track record of publications in the fields of biochemistry, pharmacology and/or neuroscience are strongly encouraged to apply
- Independently design and execute high-throughput screening experiments relevant to new compounds using existing GPCR protocols and methodologies
- Maintain an organized and up-to-date laboratory notebook and computer, complete with methodologies, data, and interpretation of results
- Maintain and work with existing cell lines (freeze/thaw, subculturing). Organization of compound libraries and compound stocks
- Perform molecular biology techniques to make new DNA constructs and maintain construct libraries
- Communicate weekly with principal investigator about methodologies and data analysis
- Participate in regular lab meetings with principal investigator and research staff and evaluate/interpret the validity of data, novel methodologies, and lab procedures
- Interact and participate in departmental meetings, including relevant seminars and journal clubs
Apply for Postdoctoral Associate
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly