Accounts Receivable Accountant II
Accounts Receivable Accountant II
United States - North Carolina - Raleigh
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
The Accounts Receivable Accountant II, Global Financial Solutions, will be responsible for recording accounts receivable invoices, handling collections, applying customer receipts, and resolving discrepancies in the US region. In addition, the Accounts Receivable Accountant will be responsible for month end close activities and will provide support to the Customer Service team relating to customer maintenance.
The ideal candidate will be proactive, self-motivated, results-oriented, and possess a high attention to detail while able to meet deadlines and manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
Essential Duties and Job Functions:
- Maintains accounts receivable processes and systems in ERP system. Primarily transact in ERP but may support legacy systems from acquired companies.
- Heavy cash applications reporting and data mining/reporting
- Generate invoices and credit memos and manage collections
- Post discounts, allowances, price differences, returns and other charge backs to customer accounts timely and accurately
- Coordinate regularly with customer service team to research and resolve chargeback claims
- Maintain customer master data and customer documentation
- Assist in the timely and accurate preparation of journal entries (with appropriate supporting documentation) for the month end close and accounting transactions
- Follow the process to close the Accounts Receivable subledger in ERP system
- Assists in maintaining, reconciling and resolving reconciling items in P&L and balance sheet ledger accounts
- Prepare analysis and schedules for management as well as internal and external auditors
- Responsible for customer maintenance
- Identify problems which may arise within their defined function and exercise judgment to determine appropriate follow-up action
- Provide back up support to co-workers
- Maintain appropriate internal controls and uphold company policies & procedures
- High School degree and six years' experience or Associate degree and five years' experience or Bachelor's degree and four Years' experience or Masters' degree and two years' experience
- 2 years of accounts receivable experience
- Knowledge and understanding of US GAAP
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft tools (Excel, Outlook, and Word)
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience with process development and process improvement
- Experience with SAP
- Experience in multinational organization
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---North-Carolina---Raleigh/Accounts-Receivable-Accountant-II_R0017414-2
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency