Fixed Assets & Intercompany Sr Accountant
Fixed Assets & Intercompany Sr Accountant
United States - North Carolina - Raleigh
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
The Fixed Assets & Intercompany Senior Accountant, Global Financial Solutions, will be responsible for recording asset additions, depreciation, disposals, and capitalization of construction in progress (CIP) in the US region. The Senior Accountant will provide support to FP&A Analysts for the recording of fixed assets and monitoring of construction in progress in the ERP system. In addition, the Senior Accountant will support intercompany transactions, reconciliations and settlement.
The ideal candidate will be proactive, self-motivated, results-oriented, and possess a high attention to detail while able to meet deadlines and manage multiple tasks.
Essential Duties and Job Functions:
- Review fixed asset supporting documentation and record fixed asset acquisitions and capital projects in the ERP system
- Review the compilation of project costs in the CIP accounts, and reconcile the CIP accounts to the general ledger monthly
- Provide accounting support to Functional FP&A Analysts for any questions relating to capitalization rules
- Review account coding on Purchase Orders for Capital Spending prior to management approval
- Monitor the closure of CIP projects, once the related projects have been completed
- Run monthly depreciation in the ERP system, review for reasonableness, and post to the general ledger
- Reconcile the balance in the fixed asset sub-ledger to the general ledger
- Maintain SOX controls, desktop procedures for capital assets and intercompany
- Recommend any updates to accounting policies related to fixed assets and intercompany as appropriate
- Prepare fixed asset schedules for Internal Audit, SOX, and SEC teams, and respond to inquiries
- Partner with FP&A colleagues to coordinate and execute the monthly journal entry process for intercompany. The functional areas include: Sales & Marketing, General & Administrative, Manufacturing, and R&D.
- Prepare and post month-end close and accounting transactions for intercompany through the ERP intercompany subledger or journal entries
- Perform GL account analysis, and account reconciliations for the intercompany area
- Work with treasury, tax, financial analysts, accounts payable and accounts receivable to support overall intercompany transactions and settlement
- High School and nine years' experience or Bachelor's degree and five years' experience or Masters degree and three years' experience
- Must be able to apply accounting knowledge to day-to-day operations and assigned projects
- Strong technical expertise in their area of responsibility
- Ability to identify trends through analysis of various data
- Working knowledge of SAP or similar ERP
- Proficiency with Microsoft tools (Excel, Outlook, and Word)
- Strong communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience with process development and process improvement
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---North-Carolina---Raleigh/Fixed-Assets---Intercompany-Sr-Accountant_R0017416-1
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency