Senior Manager, Payroll Operations & Customer Service - Shared Services
Senior Manager, Payroll Operations & Customer Service - Shared Services
United States - North Carolina - Raleigh
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a biopharmaceutical company that has pursued and achieved breakthroughs in medicine for more than three decades, with the goal of creating a healthier world for all people. The company is committed to pursuing scientific invention to prevent and treat life-threatening diseases, including HIV, viral hepatitis and cancer. Gilead has operations in more than 35 countries worldwide, with headquarters in Foster City, California.
You will be part of a team that is helping millions of people live healthier, more fulfilling lives. We are a close community where every individual matters and everyone has a chance to enhance their skills through ongoing development. Inclusion is one of our core values, which means we are creating and fostering a work environment where our differences are valued, and everyone feels respected and empowered to bring their authentic selves to work. By joining Gilead, you will further our mission to discover, develop and deliver innovative therapeutics for people with life-threatening diseases.
The Gilead Business Services center in Raleigh's Research Triangle region will be home to some of the company's critical shared service teams in North America, including Information Technology, Global Financial Solutions, HR Operations and Procurement Services Desk. These functions provide the necessary support to ensure Gilead's business runs effectively and efficiently. The center will also be a catalyst for standardization of processes, digital transformation and technology optimization.
The Senior Manager, Payroll Operations & Customer Service reports to the Director of Payroll. The Senior Manager is responsible for leading and developing the team that delivers on the execution of payroll processing, tax withholding, compliance, and customer service for employees in the United States. The Senior Manager is expected to be highly self-motivated and innovative, with proven experience in successfully supporting a best in class payroll operations program, providing best practice service delivery through increased use of technology enablers to create capacity, increase efficiency, maintain quality, ensure processes are compliant, and improve the customer service experience. A high degree of professionalism and discretion is mandatory in handling sensitive and confidential information. Key responsibilities include:
- Responsible for ensuring daily operations adhere to Company policies for the US payroll for approximately 7,000 employees in multiple states.
- Accountable for delivering high quality customer service to employees by using modern technology (ex. virtual agent), developing and maintaining content for self-service, and enhancing the customer experience.
- Actively participate in evaluating/implementing new payroll technology and integrating business partner needs to deliver high quality service to employees.
- Support year-end payroll processing/reporting (W-2's).
- Actively drive and lead process improvement initiatives.
- Utilize emerging technology and best practice to increase efficiency and quality of service delivery.
- Support strategic and cross functional projects; ensure project deliverables for Payroll are met.
- Report on performance. Communicate with leaders, internal business partners, and other stakeholders to ensure awareness of progress and results.
- Other duties and special projects, as assigned.
- Ensure compliance with all federal, state, and local laws and regulations as well as policies regarding payments of wages, tax withholding, garnishments, and employee elected deductions.
- Responsible for the execution and delivery on payroll processing controls.
- Accountable for actively participating, maintaining, and enforcing the internal control environment over the financial as well as the business process aspects of the payroll business process.
- Provide guidance and direction to Payroll colleagues and business partners for various Federal, State, and Local legislations.
- Accountable for process integrity, internal and SOX controls, and compliance with all applicable laws and regulations.
Business Partnering/Customer Engagement:
- Build and maintain credibility with internal/external business partners and employee population from a Business Service Center model.
- Develop a network of key resources to engage and consult with when working on solving complex issues. Must be able to interact and influence peers at all levels of the organization.
- Proactively function as a trusted advisor and serve as a contact from Payroll for business partners and stakeholders.
- Effectively manage the delivery of excellent customer service; anticipate issues and proactively develop solutions.
- Accountable for service delivery against agreed and evolving KPI's and Service partnership agreements.
- Collaborate and partner with cross functional business partners and International colleagues to identify and implement options to improve the quality of service delivery from a global perspective and pursue opportunities for global process delivery in line with best practice.
- Effectively manage and lead the activities and outcomes of the Operations & Customer Service team members. Provide guidance, coaching, and leadership.
- Promote a positive team environment. Provide effective leadership, oversight, coaching, and counseling to support staff.
- Advocate for global standardization and partnership with International colleagues on project initiatives.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Production and delivery of global process maps, desk-top manuals, and documentation.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, an inquisitive mind, and the ability to work effectively with multiple, cross-functional stakeholders.
- Must be a critical thinker; must have strong analytical skills, the ability to use excellent judgment and resolve issues with dexterity and effective decision making.
- Excellent communications skills: written, verbal, and presentation.
- Results Oriented. The ideal candidate will be results-driven and must thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Ability to operate successfully across diverse geographical locations and cultures.
- High level of self-motivation, accountability, leadership, positive attitude, and strong work ethic.
- BA or BS degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration.
- A minimum of 6 years of experience and in-depth knowledge of Payroll Operations best practice. programs in a multi-national corporation.
- A minimum of 2 years of experience with SAP or best practice ERP systems.
- A minimum of 2 years of experience with managing a support ticketing system to enable best practice customer experience.
- A minimum of 2 years of experience with production and delivery of process related training.
- A minimum of 2 years of leadership and people development experience.
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft tools (Excel, Outlook, Word, Visio, PowerPoint).
- (i.e. V-Lookups, Pivot-Tables, Sum Ifs, etc.)
- Knowledge of US GAAP and SOX Controls.
- CPP certification is preferred.
- Experience with Workday is preferred.
- Experience with ADP is preferred.
- Experience working in a global Finance organization.
- Experience in biotech or pharmaceuticals industry a plus.
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---North-Carolina---Raleigh/Senior-Manager--Operations---Customer-Service---Shared-Services_R0017454
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency