General Ledger Sr Accountant (Cash, Prepaids, Accruals)
General Ledger Sr Accountant (Cash, Prepaids, Accruals)
United States - North Carolina - Raleigh
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
The General Ledger Sr Accountant (Cash, Prepaids, Accruals), Global Financial Solutions, is responsible for cash accounting, operating expense accruals, reclassifications, lease accounting, prepaid accounting, and respective reconciliations for the US Region. The Sr Accountant will provide accounting support in accordance with US GAAP.
Essential Duties and Job Functions:
- Partner with FP&A colleagues to coordinate and execute the monthly accrual process. The functional areas include: Sales & Marketing, General & Administrative, Manufacturing, and Facilities. Record monthly accruals for external vendors relating to spending on contractors, purchasing card, etc.
- Prepare and post month-end close and accounting transactions in a timely and accurate manner
- Record Leasing activities in the ERP system
- Perform GL account analysis, and account reconciliations for the respective functional areas
- Maintain a control environment in which the processes are consistent with the requirements of Sarbanes-Oxley and company policies
- Recommend process improvements and participate in or lead cross-functional initiatives to implement best practices
- Interact with internal and external auditors to ensure the quarterly review and audit activities are executed in a timely manner
- Work with other financial analysts and may serve as team lead to ensure successful accomplishments of individual and team goals and objectives
- Interact with internal and external auditors to ensure financial statements are presented accurately and filed on time
- Support ERP enhancements, reporting tool enhancements and UAT testing
- Perform accounting sub-function and preparation of reports and statistics detailing financial results
- Coordinate schedules, activities and reports with other departments
- Establish and maintain operating procedures within the context of existing SOX controls and company policies
- Prepare journal entries (with appropriate supporting documentation) for the month-end close and accounting transactions
- Maintain, reconcile and resolve reconciling items for balance sheet accounts
- Prepare analysis and schedules for management as well as internal and external auditors
- Frequently interact with peers, outside vendors, external auditors and functional group members at various management levels
- Train employees in other functions on the proper use of accounting software and tools
- Gain cooperation of others, conducting presentations or providing technical information concerning specific projects.
- High school degree and nine years' experience or Bachelor's degree and five years' experience or Masters' degree and three years' experience
- Must be able to apply accounting knowledge to day-to-day operations and assigned projects
- Strong technical expertise in area of responsibility
- Ability to identify trends through analysis of various data
- Proficiency with Microsoft tools (Excel, Outlook, and Word)
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Able to work in a fast-paced, changing environment, meeting deadlines in an accurate and timely manner
- Keen attention to detail
- Experience in process development and process improvement
- Working knowledge of SAP
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---North-Carolina---Raleigh/General-Ledger-Sr-Accountant--Cash--Prepaids--Accruals-_R0017419
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency