Associate Director, HR Shared Services
Associate Director, HR Shared Services
United States - North Carolina - Raleigh
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a biopharmaceutical company that has pursued and achieved breakthroughs in medicine for more than three decades, with the goal of creating a healthier world for all people. The company is committed to pursuing scientific invention to prevent and treat life-threatening diseases, including HIV, viral hepatitis and cancer. Gilead has operations in more than 35 countries worldwide, with headquarters in Foster City, California.
You will be part of a team that is helping millions of people live healthier, more fulfilling lives. We are a close community where every individual matters and everyone has a chance to enhance their skills through ongoing development. Inclusion is one of our core values, which means we are creating and fostering a work environment where our differences are valued, and everyone feels respected and empowered to bring their authentic selves to work. By joining Gilead, you will further our mission to discover, develop and deliver innovative therapeutics for people with life-threatening diseases.
The Gilead Business Services center in Raleigh's Research Triangle region will be home to some of the company's critical shared service teams in North America, including Information Technology, Global Financial Solutions, HR Operations and Procurement Services Desk. These functions provide the necessary support to ensure Gilead's business runs effectively and efficiently. The center will also be a catalyst for standardization of processes, digital transformation and technology optimization.
The Associate Director will drive, influence, and collaborate with HR partners, business partners, and HR Technology to best use systems and implement improvements in functionality. The ideal candidate has extreme attention to detail, high level of employee service and be dedicated and devoted to their work. A willingness to be flexible, helping wherever needed and able to problem solve, shift priorities and a professional positive attitude are key to success in this position. If you possess a strong drive for excellence, strong leadership skills, have a strong process orientation and a fluency with technology, then this position is for you.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills are required. Must possess well-developed influencing skills. Proficient at communicating conclusions to leadership in a concise manner
- Requires an in-depth working knowledge and understanding of Human Resources legislation/employment law, principles, policies, and procedures.
- Must be able to exercise judgment and independently determine and take appropriate action within defined HR policies and procedures.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and thrive under tight deadlines and high-pressure situations
- Ability to actively engage stakeholders, employees and staff to ensure processes are executed consistently
- Excellent project management capabilities with ability to identify risks, document strategies to address risk, and ability drive initiatives forward to completion
- Ability to design and deliver transformational initiatives
- Solution based holistic thinking, planning and execution
- Must have a "can do" attitude, looking for creative solutions to problems
- Ability to lead, motivate and influence others
- Strong analytical skills and ability to effectively problem solve
- Experience in a multi-function shared service environment
Specific Job Responsibilities:
- Drive initiatives in line with the Global HR Shared Services strategy. This includes working with the Centers of Excellence (COEs) to identify areas where work can transition into HR Shared Services (HRSS), analyzing the current process(es), designing and/or contributing to the "to be" process by collaborating with key partners and developing a plan for execution.
- Advance initiatives to enhance and streamline HRSS organizational activities. Re-think how we provide services using technology, innovation and global resources. Identify service trends and perform root cause analysis, identify opportunities for continuous improvement to enhance processes, increase quality and reduce operating expenses
- Serve as a strong consultative partner to business users and functional leaders to continuously improve service delivery. Collaborate with HR Business Partners, Subject Matter Expert (SME) and Center of Excellence (CoE) on transactions, training needs, development of new or updating knowledgebase content, escalated case management, process improvements.
- While not necessarily the subject matter expert in each HR specialty area, must be able to independently discuss with HR leadership, process improvements/changes and any fundamental issues in service delivery of the HR functional areas (Compensation, Benefits, Talent Acquisition, etc.). Influences leaders to make important changes in processes and/or take a course of action when necessary.
- Develop transition strategies and knowledge transfer/training where required to support the movement of activities and process into the Global HR Shared Services organization.
- Partner with the COEs to manage the work in-take & project prioritization process for the Americas region.
- Design, implement and monitor SLAs and KPIs and report effectiveness of processes and systems; benchmark against industry best practice.
- Identify process improvements, including gap eliminations, & present the proposals to key stakeholders and leaders to achieve buy-in (regional processes).
- Coaches staff on performance and professional development issues. Responsible for motivating staff to achieve efficiency and productivity. Conducts performance appraisals, interviews, and discipline/documentation as needed. Ensures efficient succession planning within HRSS.
- Lead and manage cross-functional projects to improve employee lifecycle operations and optimize service delivery.
- Researches and implements best practices from industry focused on improving the employee experience and standardization and automation of processes.
- Works with communication and change management teams to build effective plans when required.
- Participates in global shared services leadership team and collaborates with other shared services functions across the company.
- BA or BS degree, preferably with an emphasis in HR or Business.
- A minimum of 6 years of relevant experience in the HR field
- A minimum of 5 years of experience with an international company
- A minimum of 4 years of process and operational improvement experience
- A minimum of 2 years of experience with case management tools
- Master's Degree
- Lean, six sigma or similar process improvement (certification a plus)
- Experience in Workday and ServiceNow
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---North-Carolina---Raleigh/Associate-Director--HR-Shared-Services_R0017456-1
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency