Postdoctoral Scholar - Research Associate
USC's Herman Ostrow School of Dentistry, Center for Craniofacial Molecular Biology has a Postdoctoral position available immediately in Yang Chai's laboratory.
We are interested in the regulation of developmental patterning, organogenesis, stem cells and regenerative medicine. Our studies will seek to define molecular mechanisms governing both normal and abnormal craniofacial development, providing scientific rationales for future therapeutic strategies to prevent and treat craniofacial birth defects, as well as stem cell based craniofacial regenerative medicine. The candidate must have a PhD and be experienced with molecular and developmental biology. Supported by the NIDCR, National Institutes of Health, For details, please visit http://chailab.usc.edu/. Send application, resume and three letters of recommendation to Yang Chai (c/o Ms. Linda Hattemer at email@example.com). EOE/AA
- Serves as a research trainee for the purpose of enhancing and developing research competencies. Participates in planning, designing and conducting highly technical and complex research projects under the direction of a supervisor. May or may not work independently.
- Identifies, researches, compiles and evaluates data sources, background information and/or technology related to area of specialization.
- Analyzes and evaluates research data utilizing computers and provides interpretations requiring significant knowledge of a specialized area of research.
- Searches literature, utilizing all available resources including electronic, regarding new methodology and designs experiments accordingly.
- Contributes to the development of research documentation for publication and/or prepares technical reports, papers and/or records.
- Operates and maintains sophisticated laboratory/scientific equipment.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested. The university reserves the right to add or change duties at any time.
- The Postdoctoral Scholar - Research Associate will perform and train to use equipment for Immunology, Molecular genetics, Flow Cytometry, Microbiology, DNA & RNA isolation from FFPE tissues, RT qPCR, RT2 Profiler PCR Array, Immunohistochemistry, Tissue microarray, and Digital image analysis.
Minimum Education: Ph. D. or equivalent doctorate within previous five years
Minimum Experience: 0-1 year
Minimum Field of Expertise: Publications in peer-reviewed journals in the same or related field