Sr. Learning & Development Specialist II (Clinical Data Science)
Sr. Learning & Development Specialist II (Clinical Data Science)
United States Remote
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Senior Learning and Education Specialist will be responsible for the design, development, and implementation of training courses based on the needs of various functions within the Clinical Data Science (CDS) organization. This new position is a full-time position and is being added due to growth. This role will report to the Sr. Manager, Learning and Development in CDS.
- In partnership with leadership, provide guidance and daily oversight for the successful management of all aspects of learning programs
- Lead the development of a strategic Learning and Education plan for the Epidemiology and other functions within CDS
- Coach members of a team and ensure adherence to established guidelines
- Lead training programs including complex multi-project, multiple-delivery learning offerings
- Manage vendors of outsourced learning projects
- Anticipate obstacles and client difficulties and implement solutions to achieve project goals and assists management in revising project timelines
- Work with management on departmental issues, providing input to strategies and work plans
- Identify, develop and maintain appropriate learning mechanisms that include instructor-led, web-based, & read and acknowledge training
- Implement training activities and projects with other functional areas and across CDS locations
- Incorporate motivating, creative, and interactive training techniques to enhance the training experience to maximize learning and retention
- Design and develop digital/e-learning courses and programs
- Conduct individual training sessions
- May have supervisory responsibilities over junior L&D employees
- This role will require a few days of travel per year (when we return to office)
Knowledge, Experience & Skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to lead is required
- Strong communication and influence skills and ability to create a clear sense of direction is necessary
- Ability to examine functional issues from a broader organizational perspective
- Functional expertise to initiate, author, or contribute to SOP development, implementation, and training
- Superior customer service orientation with strong follow-up skills and attention to detail
- Solid proficiency in Microsoft applications, especially Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Detail-oriented and strong organizational skills
- Ability to manage and execute multiple projects to a successful completion
- Well-developed skills in preparing and delivering presentations
- Ability to adopt and learn new technologies
- Proven skills in using eLearnings technologies, preferably Storyline
- Understanding of learning principles and application in a technical environment is preferred
- Experience in measuring and tracking the effectiveness and impact of learning solutions is preferred
- Experience within a pharmaceutical/biotechnology organization is preferred
- 5 years of experience in training programs
- Data Science or Epidemiology experience a plus
Education and Experience:
- BS/BA degree in a relevant discipline with at least 7 years of training experience
- MA/MS degree in a relevant discipline with at least 5 years of training experience
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States--Remote/Sr-Lead-Specialist--Learning-and-Education--Clinical-Data-Science-_R0017369
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency