Specialist – Science Project Manager, Industry Relationships
Working with Nevan Krogan, Director of the Quantitative Biosciences Institute (QBI) at the University of California, San Francisco (UCSF), you will manage and coordinate collaborative research efforts between the QBI and its industry partners.
In our research, we develop and apply quantitative, systematic proteomic and genetic approaches to study complex biological and biomedical problems. Our approach aims to tackle a variety of human diseases by investigating the underlying basic biological mechanisms and requires a spectrum of expertise in infectious diseases, cancer, and psychiatric disorders, among others. We strongly believe that the best science will be done by a diverse set of scientists who attack a given problem from different angles. As a result, the QBI focuses on large collaborative research efforts, with partners across various departments at UCSF plus other universities, institutes, and industry. Over the years, we have established collaborations with the biotech and pharma industry and are further expanding our portfolio of academic-industry partnerships.
The position of the Science Project Manager, Industry Relationships, will track progress toward project goals of our industry partnerships, facilitate coordination among participating partners, evaluate project data and results, report project status to leadership, and identify new collaborative opportunities.
You will work in a dynamic environment amongst a large group of enthusiastic and high-performing scientists and support their work. The ideal candidate should be independent, a self-starter with a can-do attitude and someone who likes to suggest new approaches when needed. Hard worker willing to put in long hours in a fun and supportive environment; some travel.
Finally, all QBI-UCSF employees are obligated to meet the highest standards with respect to accuracy, conflict of interest, intellectual property rights, slander, confidentiality and respect for information sources and readers.
The Candidate must meet the Required Qualifications by the time of hire. The work environment is casual; however, professional behavior, rapt attention to detail and the ability to meet deadlines are absolute requirements. Candidate must be able to work with a prolific, high-energy scientist with complex schedule needs. Sense of humor non-negotiable, preferably erring on the side of dry.
• The position requires a PhD in Life Sciences
• Familiarity with biotech/pharma industry landscape
• Familiarity with Sponsored Research Agreements, MTAs, and other contract standards
• High productivity and successful record publishing in high impact journals
• Writing experience in publications and research proposals
• Advanced oral and written communication skills. Advanced skills analyzing information, problems, situations, policies or procedures to define the problem, need or objective.
• Advanced interpersonal skills and ability to work with diverse groups to achieve results.
• Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with internal and external peers, managers and teams
• Candidate’s CV must list qualifications (or if pending) upon submission.
• Experience in drug development
• Experience as a project lead in research biology science
• Proven ability to formulate solutions, develop new programs, create alternative choices and implications for implementation.
• Advanced program planning and leadership of scientific projects.
• Relevant work experience in scientific editing
UC San Francisco seeks candidates whose experience, teaching, research, or community service that has prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence. The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age or protected veteran status.
Please apply online at https://apptrkr.com/2152465, with a CV, cover letter, and two reference contacts.