Associate Director, Sales & Marketing
Associate Director, Sales & Marketing
Switzerland - Zug
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Gilead Sciences Inc. is a research-based biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and experimental drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases around the world. Gilead's therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, hepatitis, serious respiratory, cardiovascular, and metabolic conditions, cancer and inflammation.
Gilead Sciences Switzerland Srl, located in Zug, is an exceptionally successful affiliate with impressive perspectives in existing and future therapeutic areas. We are looking for an Associate Director, Sales & Marketing who will be based in our Swiss affiliate located in Zug and will lead and manage the Sales and Marketing activities for our Liver Diseases Unit.
- Drive execution of commercial strategy and action plans for liver portfolio
- Lead cross functional collaboration in establishing the portfolio commercial strategy
- Provide timely and thoughtful analysis and feedback on product/market conditions to a wide variety of internal customers
- Provide leadership of the sales team
- Drive Operational Excellence in marketing & sales efforts, business/forecast planning
- Lead Promotion Review Committee process to ensure marketing materials are cleared for promotional use and secure final production
- Demonstrate excellence in project management and effectively manage multiple projects and priorities
- Leverage primary and secondary market research and analytics critical to directing brand strategies and optimising marketing tactics
- Analyse complex problems and situations, provide logical recommendations and lead any required action planning
- Establish effective working relationships with opinion leaders and other key stakeholders & be recognised as trusted and preferred partner
- Collaborate with Commercial Operations and other BU leaders to ensure coordinated approach to all marketing and sales activities
- Partner with Medical Affairs to ensure effective development and implementation of strategies
- Create an environment in which every member of the team has an opportunity to succeed, regardless of their tenure or standing within the organization
- Represent local market perspective in international launch and project teams
Skills and Knowledge:
- Demonstrated understanding of pharmaceutical regulatory requirements and impact on development of marketing materials is required.
- Recognized expertise in implementing a pharmaceutical communication plan including generating publications, organizing continuing medical education activities and advocacy development.
- Must be very familiar with industry trends and remain current with competitor's resources and practices.
- Must have a successful record of developing external relationships leading to brand advocacy.
- Must have a track record of successful pharma/biotech patient/community marketing with an understanding of expense budget planning and tracking.
- Proven ability to manage cross-functional teams or work groups as well as direct reports.
- Strong strategic thinker with ability to formulate, develop and execute strategy.
- Excellent analytical skills, demonstrated by the ability to identify and understand complex issues and problems, and interpret information in a manner that provides appropriate recommendations to senior management and across functional areas.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to lead, interact with, focus, resolve conflict and drive consensus among individuals from a variety of cultures, and disciplines.
- Must possess sophisticated negotiating, influencing, project management and consulting skills.
Organizational skill, including ability to follow assignments through to completion (bias towards execution).
- Excellent communications skills with an ability to efficiently and productively communicate both orally and in writing are required.
Specific education and experience requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in marketing or related fields required.
- Previous experience in marketing research and/or pharmaceutical sales is required.
- MBA or other advanced business degree is desired.
- Prior experience in product marketing or advertising focused on consumers or patients are required.
- Previous pharmaceutical/biotech or related field sales or sales management experience is preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)
It is the policy of Gilead Sciences, Inc. and its subsidiaries and affiliates (collectively "Gilead" or the "Company") to recruit select and employ the most qualified persons available for positions throughout the Company. Except if otherwise provided by applicable law, all employment actions relating to issues such as compensation, benefits, transfers, layoffs, returns from layoffs, company-sponsored training, education assistance, social and recreational programs are administered on a non-discriminatory basis (i.e. without regard to protected characteristics or prohibited grounds, which may include an individual's gender, race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, medical condition, veteran status, and age, unless such protection is prohibited by federal, state, municipal, provincial, local or other applicable laws). Gilead also prohibits discrimination based on any other characteristics protected by applicable laws.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/Switzerland---Zug/Associate-Director--Sales---Marketing-_R0016212-1
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency