Senior Director, UK&I Business Unit Head Oncology Solid Tumours
Senior Director, UK&I Business Unit Head Oncology Solid Tumours
United Kingdom - London
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Gilead is a research-based biopharmaceutical company based in California and committed to discover, develop and commercialize innovative therapeutics in the areas of unmet medical needs. Oncology is one of our key areas of focus, and we are advancing a pipeline of novel investigational agents for solid tumours as well as hematological cancers. Our current focus is in relation to triple negative breast cancer (TNBC) but we are also considering expansion into multiple solid tumours and combination approaches with internal and external immuno- oncology (IO) and other agents.
This is an exciting opportunity for a Business Unit Head to build our new Oncology commercial organisation for the UK and Ireland, supporting the launch of medicines in these areas. This role will help ensure that all patients who stand to benefit from medicines in these areas may have the chance to do so.
Scope of the role:
We are seeking a Business Unit Head who will be based in our UK&I affiliate located in Holborn, central London. This person will lead efforts to ensure a best in class launch in TNBC and will build the platform for future launches in different indications and with future agents.
The BU Head will have overall responsibility for our Oncology Strategy, Marketing & Sales and will lead the cross-functional team. This position reports to the General Manager and is part of the UK&I Leadership team. In this capacity, the BU Head will also contribute to the strategic vision and operational execution of the overall Gilead business.
- Lead the Oncology cross-functional team providing vision, motivation, support and coaching to build and execute a highly successful launch, and drive the business to achieve the commercial objectives
- Build and lead a high-performing commercial team
- Establish effective working relationships with opinion leaders and other key stakeholders & be recognised as a trusted partner in advancing quality of care in Oncology
- Drive development and execution of commercial strategy and action plans for the launch of this innovation and our Oncology portfolio
- Drive Operational Excellence in marketing & sales efforts and business/forecast planning
- Partner with Medical Affairs to ensure effective development and implementation of strategies
- Partner with Market Access to ensure a strong reimbursement position and appropriate commercial proposition for all impending launches
- Partner with Government Affairs and Public Affairs to ensure a positive policy environment
- Create an inclusive environment in which every member of the team has an opportunity to succeed, regardless of their tenure or standing within the organization
- Participate actively in the UK&I Leadership Team to drive the business
- Represent the cross-functional vision and local market perspective in global & regional fora
- Represent the UK&I leadership team internally and externally
- Role model Leadership Commitments and support strong Gilead culture and Core Values
Knowledge, Experience and Skills:
In order to be successful in this exciting and challenging position, the ideal candidate should possess many or all of the following key competencies and experience
- A visionary leader and motivator that the team willingly want to follow.
- Experience as a highly successful commercial leader within Oncology and/or Hematology is required, including a clear track record of commercial success, as demonstrated by successful product launches and/or sustained commercial growth
- A strong and robust personal and professional network in the oncology space is preferred, with the ability to build strong external collaboration with key healthcare stakeholders (clinicians, payers, etc)
- Ability to lead a cross-functional team and drive a culture of collaboration and engagement.
- Ability to build, develop and motivate a team by effective hiring, coaching and mentoring of direct reports to sustained growth and success.
- Ability to develop and implement strategy, and have a focus on operational excellence (including field sales management or other field-based management experience)
- Demonstrated excellence in project management and effectively managing multiple projects/priorities
- Meaningful experience and relevant knowledge of the UK pharmaceutical market, and preferably also with previous involvement in successful access and reimbursement strategies and their execution.
- Ability to provide strategic input at an above-country level in global & regional fora, and international experience, either working in a Global or Regional role or in the context of above country teams is desirable
- Undergraduate degree is required, MBA and/or post graduate preferred or advanced life science degree (MD, Pharm D, PhD)
Gilead Core Values
- Integrity (always doing the right thing)
- Teamwork (collaborating in good faith)
- Excellence (working at a high level of commitment and capability)
- Accountability (taking personal responsibility)
- Inclusion (encouraging diversity)
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)
It is the policy of Gilead Sciences, Inc. and its subsidiaries and affiliates (collectively "Gilead" or the "Company") to recruit select and employ the most qualified persons available for positions throughout the Company. Except if otherwise provided by applicable law, all employment actions relating to issues such as compensation, benefits, transfers, layoffs, returns from layoffs, company-sponsored training, education assistance, social and recreational programs are administered on a non-discriminatory basis (i.e. without regard to protected characteristics or prohibited grounds, which may include an individual's gender, race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, medical condition, veteran status, and age, unless such protection is prohibited by federal, state, municipal, provincial, local or other applicable laws). Gilead also prohibits discrimination based on any other characteristics protected by applicable laws.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-Kingdom---London/Senior-Director--UK-I-Business-Unit-Head-Oncology---Solid-Tumours_R0017366-1
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency