Sr. Director (Field Director) US Medical Affairs
Sr. Director (Field Director) US Medical Affairs, Managed Care and Government Accounts (MCGA) National
United States - East Region
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
We have an exciting opportunity within US Medical Affairs for a Senior Director (Field Director) in our Managed Care and Government Accounts (MCGA team).
Senior Director (Field Director)
US Medical Affairs, Managed Care and Government Accounts (MCGA)
The field-based Senior Director will be responsible for leading a team of 4 field-based Medical Scientists (MS) focusing on managed care and government accounts. The Senior Director will ensure that the MCGA MS team drives scientific partnerships with MCGA Key Opinion Leaders (KOLs) including clinical/therapeutic, medical, economic, and policy decision makers across commercial, Medicare, Medicaid and VA accounts. The team serves as the field medical leads for population-based healthcare decision makers to provide interpretation and communication on the clinical and economic value of Gilead products, facilitate clinical exchange on disease state management, and provide insights to in-house teams on key evidence gaps relevant to healthcare decision makers.
The Field Director oversees all aspects of people management for their MS team. This includes, but is not limited to, hiring, overseeing training and development, field visit shadowing, performance and compensation management, and budgeting. Coaching for peak performance is a key component of this position. The Field Director will be responsible for all aspects of business conduct and ethics as they apply to routine activities of their direct reports and their on-the-job behavior.
This position will report to the Executive Director and Lead of MCGA.
Principle Roles and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Establishes a clear vision, focus and direction for the MS team.
- Establishes a learning culture; coach and develop MS team with therapeutic and in-depth managed care knowledge to develop and drive strategy and initiatives that can advance scientific partnerships with key accounts.
- Provide ongoing coaching, mentoring and oversight of Medical Scientists to ensure timely, accurate, and succinct communication of scientific evidence on Gilead products and related disease states (Antivirals (HIV, Liver), Oncology, Inflammation) including Health Economics Outcomes Research (HEOR) related information to key managed markets and government accounts in a manner consistent with business conduct and regulatory requirements.
- Strategically collect and share customer insights and evidence gaps that help to inform in-house Strategy teams to advance data generation that is meaningful to customer educational needs, clinical and economic value communication and research priorities.
- Establish team and individual goals and objectives (including both quantitative and qualitative measures) and implement processes to routinely monitor progress. These processes include: Account and OL coverage and planning, metrics review, MS activities prioritization, and field visits
- Facilitate individual MS career growth and development goals through coaching and mentoring, including provision of opportunities to highlight contributions and impact.
- The incumbent will be responsible for the prioritization, development, alignment, and execution of MS activities including the development of value-added initiatives and scientific partnership programs with key accounts consistent with the Medical Affairs Plan of Actions (POAs), with regular review of progress.
- Support the creation, implementation, and execution of the Medical Affairs POA as led by MCGA Strategy Leads.
- Successful integration of the MS roles within each Medical Scientist's assigned geography and accounts including appropriate coordination with the Managed Markets Commercial teams, and Medical Affairs Therapeutic MS teams.
- Coordination of MCGA MS participation in Gilead advisory boards, symposia and educational programs, speaker training and conference planning.
- Excellent operational execution, driving the development, deployment and appropriate use of field-based technologies to ensure timely and accurate reporting of in-bound data requirements.
- Ongoing execution of plans consistent with the Medical Affairs POA for all therapeutic areas, with ability to anticipate, prioritize and agilely pivot as needed.
- Oversight and promotion of synergy between field team and MCGA Strategy leads.
- Collaborates effectively and in a compliant manner with colleagues in other functional areas throughout Gilead.
- Manage for operational excellence including goal setting, budget management, ensure timely and accurate of MS timesheets, submission of expense reports, recording of OL interactions, required training, etc.
- Ensure Medical Science compliance with applicable PhRMA Code, OIG guidelines, FDA related laws, regulations, guidance and Gilead policies.
- Advanced scientific degree (MD, DO, PhD or PharmD strongly preferred) with 10+ years of experience in the pharmaceutical or related healthcare field required.
- A minimum of 5 years MS managed markets experience with >10 years strongly preferred.
- Three or more years of previous management/supervisory experience is preferred. Demonstrated leadership skills (proactive, strategic, creates a highly accountable team culture, provides clear direction) with the ability to evaluate competing priorities to arrive at an appropriate decision.
- Ability to develop and deliver high-quality presentations.
- Must be knowledgeable of relevant scientific data in Antivirals (HIV, Liver), Oncology, and Inflammation.
- Ability to liaison and coordinate activity between the field MS team, and Strategy Leads.
- Thorough understanding of applicable regulatory requirements for field-based personnel and PhRMA guidelines, including geographic regulatory related guidelines
- Collaborative, team-based approach; ability to network and partner with internal and external stakeholders, including medical thought-leaders, medical directors and pharmacy directors, clinical payer leads, specialty pharmacy and other value based and population-based groups and decision makers.
- Excellent project management and organizational skills, including the ability to manage multiple priorities and resources
- Strong business skills/acumen; ability to translate scientific and HEOR data understanding what is meaningful to various payer groups to achieve the identified business goals of the company
- Effective oral, written and interpersonal skills required
- Ability to travel within the US up to 50% of time, post-pandemic.
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---East-Region/Sr-Director--Field-Director--US-Medical-Affairs--Managed-Care-and-Government-Accounts--MCGA--National_R0017349-1
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency