Director - Global Compliance, Analytics and Automations
Director - Global Compliance, Analytics and Automations
United States - California - Foster City
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gilead's therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
We are seeking a Director, Global Compliance Analytics and Automations, reporting to the Global Head of Compliance Monitoring, to assist in enhancing Gilead's healthcare compliance program by promoting the usage of data analytics and automations.
Essential Duties and Job Functions
The Compliance Analytics and Automations Director will be responsible for advancing Gilead's Global compliance analytics capabilities while enabling increased operational excellence through automations across global compliance functions.
This individual will support the Global Head of Compliance Monitoring in leading Gilead's efforts to enhance and drive forward a data driven monitoring and analytics strategy. The director will have primary responsibilities for: Enhancing the company's existing monitoring framework to implement and manage the analytics program and increase efficiency, consistency and support across the global organization via automations; Serving as a liaison and expert to key stakeholders across the globe to implement our risk, analytics, and operational excellence framework; Performing trending and data analytics in support of an iterative risk, analytics, and operational excellence process; and Identifying valuable compliance insights, trends, and information to inform executive stakeholders and business decisions.
The individual will work closely with colleagues within the Legal organization (Global Compliance, International Legal, Global Therapeutic Area Legal, Anti-Bribery/Anti-Corruption) and across different functions, including key partners such as IT, Commercial, Medical Affairs, Public Affairs, Government Affairs, Finance and Clinical, among others, in order to leverage information from relevant systems in identifying and addressing potential compliance-related issues.
Key responsibilities also include the following:
- Implementing, managing, and evolving the global compliance analytics program - collaborating with internal stakeholders and external vendors to deliver and operate analytics globally.
- Proactively making data driven recommendations on identifying and monitoring risk.
- Supporting innovation and driving efficiencies and consistency in our approach to risk, analytics and operational excellence via automations while supporting other global compliance initiatives and operational activities.
- Clearly and concisely present analytic methodology and results to compliance leadership.
- Capture and report compliance-related metrics obtained through global transparency and monitoring.
- Collaborate with the Compliance Systems and Transparency team and IT to support the evolution of the company's compliance-related systems in order to further automate the capture of relevant information and facilitate the use of data analytics, robotics and artificial intelligence algorithms to identify and monitor business activity.
- Partner with various affiliate and global Legal teams and business functions globally to explore ways in which monitoring-related data may be used to support business strategy and objectives in a compliant manner.
- Use broad strategic thinking to analyse the characteristics of the legal, enforcement, and business environment, and identify methods of adapting monitoring to meet those characteristics.
- Foster an energizing work environment where employees have impact on our patient-centric mission and can grow their careers. Enables robust development and succession planning within the healthcare compliance program. Inputs to talent management, strategic resourcing and succession processes.
- Connect other departments of Legal across the company concerning compliance-related data capture systems (e.g., International Legal, Global Therapeutic Area Legal, Data Privacy, Litigation & Investigations, Intellectual Property, Legal Operations).
Knowledge, Experience and Skills
Gilead is looking for an experienced leader from the biotech and/or pharmaceutical industry with proven cultural adaptability across geographies. Ideally the successful candidate will have gained exposure to working within a multi-national organization with a US-based headquarters. The candidate must have a strong background and exposure to compliance-related systems, third party vendors, enterprise wide data sources and data analytic tools (e.g., Alteryx, Tableau).
Detailed requirements include:
- 8+ years of relevant prior pharmaceutical industry or consulting experience.
- Bachelor's degree required. Advanced degree (such as MBA) is strongly preferred.
- Experience developing and using advanced Excel-based models, data analytic tools (e.g., Alteryx, Tableau) and conducting quantitative analysis is required.
- Previous experience to pharmaceutical manufacturer payments data and third party vendor landscape.
- Good understanding Pharmaceutical operations and the laws, regulations and guidance applicable to the industry (e.g., authority of government agencies and industry partners, IFPMA, EFPIA, ABPI, PhRMA, FDA, OIG, PDMA, Affordable Care Act, PDMA, ACCME, etc.).
- Experience with systems and structures that facilitate an efficient and effective compliance program.
- Experience leading the design and delivery of data science and machine learning solutions that transform ways of working and deliver measurable benefit.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Able to exercise judgment and propose courses of action where precedent may not exist.
- In-depth understanding of business objectives and how those translate into healthcare compliance priorities to deliver advice and guidance to the business.
- Ability to quickly establish credibility with diverse audiences and be perceived as an empowering leader yet be hands-on when necessary. Consistently retains a sense of the bigger picture.'
- Experience, confidence, resilience and gravitas to work with senior Executives and able to establish rapport with key stakeholders and client.
- Excellent interpersonal and influencing skills, an inquisitive mind, and the ability to work effectively in a global, matrixed organisation with multiple functions, together with a positive attitude and strong work ethic.
- Managerial experience preferred.
Personal Competencies/ Behaviours
The ideal candidate will be solutions- and results-orientated. S/he will display personal and professional maturity and have a strong work ethic and personal integrity.
- Proven leadership skills with an ability to set a vision, inspire, champion change, and drive innovative thinking
- Proven analytical skills and sound judgment
- Strong strategic and analytical thinking skills with ability to see the big picture, and to formulate and execute strategy
- Collaborative, team player that leads by example
- Excellent influencing, interpersonal and communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to network, engage and partner with other functions, and establish positive relationships
- Strong judgment with proven ability to identify to implement solutions
- Strong organizational and project management skills and ability to execute through others
- Practical approach to problem-solving
- Consistently demonstrate and adhere to Gilead's Core Values and create and inspire a team culture committed to the same
Gilead Core Values Additional Section
- Integrity (always doing the right thing)
- Teamwork (collaborating in good faith)
- Excellence (working at a high level of commitment and capability)
- Accountability (taking personal responsibility)
- Inclusion (encouraging diversity)
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---California---Foster-City/Director---Global-Compliance--Analytics-and-Automations_R0017364
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency