Data Integrity Analyst
Informationist for Bioinformatics and Data Integrity
Samuel J. Wood Library and C.V. Starr Biomedical Information Center
Weill Cornell Medicine
We are seeking an individual with a passion for research reproducibility and integrity, to help support these research values at Weill Cornell Medicine, in New York City.
Weill Cornell Medicine is committed to the reproducibility and ethical conduct of research. To support its researchers in meeting these goals, the Samuel J. Wood Library Informationist for Bioinformatics and Data Integrity will work with the Samuel J. Wood Library and Research Integrity Office to support the development and implementation of, and compliance with, relevant institutional and funder-based research data management policies.
Under the direction of the Associate Director for Research Services this individual will serve as a subject matter expert to provide the following duties and responsibilities:
- Evaluate journal publications and grant applications for data and figure consistency and integrity prior to publication, and assist internal investigations into cases of alleged research misconduct.
- Train researchers and students in the ethical conduct of research, research reproducibility, and research data management, by developing and running workshops and providing individual consultations.
- Provide bioinformatics support through the library bioinformatics service, in line with the individual’s specific experience and expertise.
- Manage the selection, development and use of image analysis tools and/or algorithms, including development of the Weill Cornell Image Analysis Portal, in line with the individual’s specific experience and expertise.
As a faculty member, the individual will contribute to Weill Cornell Medicine’s scholarly output, through the pursuit of appropriate grant funding, publication in academic journals, and presentation at academic conferences. In collaboration with the Library Director, the Research Integrity Office, and other Information Technologies & Services (ITS) leaders, the individual will actively contribute to other Weill Cornell Medicine events, and collaborate with colleagues on projects in areas of shared interest.
- Passion for research reproducibility and integrity.
- Ph.D required.
- Publication history in fields of molecular biology or bioinformatics.
- Record of contributions toward peer review in the fields of molecular biology or bioinformatics.
- Strong facility with Python and/or R, and experience with Jupyter notebooks.
- Demonstrated strength in statistical methods.
- Demonstrated ability to learn new technology tools/skills.
- Continually demonstrates professional initiative and problem-solving skills.
Work Ethic and Cultural Fit
- Willingness to work occasional overtime in order to meet deadlines.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills, both in person and virtually. Capable of working in a fast-paced, team-based environment with shared deadlines and project tasks.
- Ability to think critically, and succeed at bringing concepts to realization while meeting deadlines.
- Demonstrates initiative, and the ability to work both independently and collaboratively with a diverse population of faculty/staff, students, and colleagues.
- Possesses skills in problem identification, analysis, and resolution.
- Ability to work efficiently on multiple projects simultaneously and meet necessary deadlines successfully.
- Experience as an editor, especially for a journal in the sciences.
- Experience with image forensics.
- Experience with computer vision or machine learning.
- Experience on library and/or college-level evaluation or assessment committees.
- Experience with data visualization and data visualization software.
- Instruction in data analysis and/or visualization (either in credit-bearing courses or in certified organizational training).
Working Conditions: This position requires working in an office environment where there are a few physical discomforts such as dust, dirt, noise and the like. Ability to work more than 40 hours a week during periods of heavy workload is also required. Light travel between office locations, primarily within Manhattan is required. Occasional travel to represent the Samuel J. Wood Library at conferences, or to work with affiliates, may also be necessary.
Please email your cover letter and curriculum vitae to email@example.com with “Informationist for bioinformatics and data integrity” in the subject line.
Weill Cornell Medicine's educational mission emphasizes the importance of combining a strong foundation in the medical sciences with extensive clinical training in patient care. By promoting a true social commitment, stimulating creativity, and fostering independent thought and study, WCM continues to cultivate the best of tomorrow's leaders in the field of medicine.
Weill Cornell Medical College is an equal opportunity, affirmative action educator and employer.
Apply for Data Integrity Analyst
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly