Manager, Vendor Performance Management
Manager, Vendor Performance Management
Ireland - Dublin
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
We are currently seeking an experienced practitioner for a Manager, Vendor Performance Management, Development Business Operations role who will be a key member of a robust vendor management program that leverages their industry background in pharmaceutical drug development operations. This key role is responsible for the vendor performance management, issue monitoring, trending, management, and data insights and reporting for their assigned scope of work within the Vendor Performance Management program across the clinical development cycle. The successful candidate will have deep expertise in direct vendor oversight and/or performance management skills, working both internally across the development teams, as well as externally with the vendor base. A strong foundation in operations, vendor management, and/or outsourcing is critical for success in this role. This position will be located at Gilead's Ireland Ltd. location in Dublin, Ireland.
The core responsibilities and skills required for this position include but is not limited to:
- Manages the day-to-day vendor performance management activities across multiple outsourced service areas across the development operations remit
- Drives and facilitates the operational portfolio governance (i.e. reviews, meetings) of vendors for assigned areas
- Is individually accountable for portfolio performance management for vendors under a given remit as well as across the functional team(s) as assigned
- Proactively works with the various functions to determine areas of vendor performance gaps, impacts, required interventions, and improvement plans
- May lead and/or participate in escalations related to the outsourced vendors in terms of performance and risk management, leading portfolio level issue resolution at the operational and leadership team levels
- Manages the reporting of performance level metrics for the vendor base, and promotes the subsequent use of this data within the group and functional interfaces to drive performance insights and improvement opportunities, as necessary
- Delivers with optimal collaboration, accountability, and integrity to business partners
- Shows the clear ability to apply critical thinking towards opportunities for improvement in the vendor performance management program, while also overseeing the day-to-day remit
- Translates the operational insights derived from stakeholder engagement and vendor base to continually drive improvements in performance management, governance, metrics, and program goals
- Examines complex functional issues, problem solves and drives for global best practices
- Continually communicates and acts as an ambassador for the program
- Leverages prior experience with vendor performance, risk management, and measurements to continuously improve the practices of the organization
- Can clearly articulate and demonstrate a high level of proficiency in the current vendor management program utilizing multiple internal and vendor sources of data to drive insights for the organization
- May participate in the functional development or evaluation of new business processes or process improvement opportunities
Influence and Partnership
- Shows clear ability to work collaboratively with other cross functional groups and the vendor base
- Under a given remit and working across the wider organization, shows competency in regularly establishing relationships with cross functional teams, such as operations, quality, systems and process, as well as externally with the corresponding vendor functions
- Demonstrates collaboration and drive for standardization and best practices with internal and external business partners
- Delivers value by developing business solutions by translating requirements into effective vendor management solutions, performance management metrics, and process improvements
- Demonstrated ability to make critical decisions related to projects and tasks, and/or escalate to management for collaborative decision making
- Demonstrated prior experience in managing time-sensitive critical escalations both internally and externally to drive issue resolution on an ongoing basis
- Pulls data across functions related to vendor management and performance to drive a recommended pathway for resolution and/or improvement
- Asks probing questions to uncover vendor management and performance issues, and recommends solutions for mitigation or improvement
- Resolves vendor performance management issues (e.g. operational challenges) by effectively liaising with internal operations and external vendors
- Identifies operational and systematic issues, including frequency and escalates to the appropriate level
- Excellent communication skills and comfort level interacting with internal and external teams across all levels, including regular interface with stakeholders and leadership team members
Capabilities and Requirements
- Experience with outsourced services vendor management in multiple categories of spend in clinical development or related areas
- Experience and expertise with customer engagement and service
- Broad based experience across several of the following aspects of vendor oversight or alliance management: issue management and performance management through metrics (i.e. performance oversight), reporting and dashboarding experience and/or continuous improvement projects with the vendor base.
- Prior knowledge or understanding of collaborative problem-solving tools and methods
- Prior knowledge or experience with risk management plans, quality interfaces, and robust relationship management plans
- Experience with managing and improving performance measurement systems as related to vendor management
- Familiarity with various Regulatory and industry trends on compliance level activity (i.e. - ICH GCP E6 R2, etc.)
- Experience working in fast paced and changing environment
- Travel may be required
Knowledge, Experience and Skills:
- Relevant experience with a BA or MS in a relevant discipline, with demonstrated significant direct external vendor facing experience
- Relevant experience typically includes vendor management, performance metrics and reporting, issue escalation management and/or process improvement / development
- Familiarity with clinical drug development operational processes
- MBA a plus
- Advanced certification (PMP, etc.) a plus
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)
It is the policy of Gilead Sciences, Inc. and its subsidiaries and affiliates (collectively "Gilead" or the "Company") to recruit select and employ the most qualified persons available for positions throughout the Company. Except if otherwise provided by applicable law, all employment actions relating to issues such as compensation, benefits, transfers, layoffs, returns from layoffs, company-sponsored training, education assistance, social and recreational programs are administered on a non-discriminatory basis (i.e. without regard to protected characteristics or prohibited grounds, which may include an individual's gender, race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, medical condition, veteran status, and age, unless such protection is prohibited by federal, state, municipal, provincial, local or other applicable laws). Gilead also prohibits discrimination based on any other characteristics protected by applicable laws.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/Ireland---Dublin/Manager--Vendor-Performance-Management_R0017322
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency