Sr. Manager Finance, Accounting
Sr. Manager Finance, Accounting
China - Shanghai
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
- The Manager is responsible for the financial reporting of all branch offices and will support reporting of all legal entities in China.
- Ensure the statistics and statutory reporting are being performed in a standard way with high quality; design and review workflow for constant improvements on the processes.
- Maintain robust country-level accounting in compliance with Controller's manual, local statutory and US GAAP reporting requirements, and law and regulation requirements.
- Perform routine collaboration with outsourcing service provider, Financial Shared Service (FSS) team and controllership team at operation level to complete posting with accuracy and efficiency.
- Develop great business understanding to ensure full alignment between business and controllership requirements.
- Effectively engaging with stakeholders internally, such FSS team, controllership team, and stakeholders externally, such as tax adviser, auditing firms and tax/ finance authorities.
Knowledge, Experience & Skills:
- BA or BS degree in accounting or equivalent with accounting qualification is preferred.
- Experience in healthcare or US corporate finance experience is an advantage.
- An in-depth knowledge of Oracle or equivalent local ERP system and proficiency with Microsoft tools (Excel, Outlook, and Word).
- Fluent in both spoken and written Chinese and English.
- Hands on with proactivity and forward-thinking mindset; approachable and willing to roll up his sleeves and be comfortable at the operational level.
- Strong project and process management skills.
- A result oriented individual, with a strong work ethic with a positive, "can-do" attitude.
- Highly adaptable and able to work effectively in a matrix organization, evolving environment and dynamic organization.
- Strong sense of responsibility and accountability with high levels of integrity, self-driven in delivering work with quality.
- Good communication skill, able to deliver complex messages to various internal and external customers.
- Oracle, SAPERPMicrosoft(Excel, Outlook, Word)
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/China---Shanghai/Sr-Manager-Finance--Accounting_R0017295
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency