Manager / Senior Manager Privacy (ACE)
Manager / Senior Manager Privacy (ACE)
United Kingdom - Uxbridge
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based biopharmaceutical company founded in 1987. Together we deliver life-saving therapies to patients in need. With the commitment and drive you bring to the workplace every day, you will be part of a team that is changing the world and helping millions of people live healthier, more fulfilling lives. Our worldwide staff is a close community where you can see the tangible results of your contributions, where every individual matters, and everyone has a chance to enhance their skills through ongoing development. Our scientific focus has resulted in marketed products that are benefiting hundreds of thousands of people, a pipeline of late-stage drug candidates, and unmatched patient access programs to ensure medications are available to those who could otherwise not afford them. By joining Gilead, you will further our mission to address unmet medical needs and improve life by advancing the care of patients with life-threatening diseases.
Position: Manager / Senior Manager - Privacy (ACE)
Specific Responsibilities and Skills:
- The Privacy, Cybersecurity, and Information Governance group serves as the legal arm of the organization's global privacy program, including but not limited to, daily operations of the program, implementation, maintenance of policies and procedures, monitoring program compliance, and training.
- Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Work as part of the global Privacy, Cybersecurity, and Information Governance group to help coordinate and evolve Gilead's global privacy program.
- Manage implementation within the ACE region (Australia, Canada, Europe) of projects related to ongoing compliance with privacy and data protection laws and support global projects with a privacy impact.
- Learn and understand business strategies and priorities and their implications on privacy and data use, technology architecture and standards, and data governance.
- Serve as a resource to Gilead's contracting functions to ensure successful negotiation of data privacy related contract terms.
- Collaborate with applicable IT and business teams to create and maintain data inventory and documentation.
- Assist with the development and maintain inventory of privacy program materials and provide updates to assist with awareness regarding the mitigation of evolving privacy risks and changes in regulatory environment including conducting trainings and developing guidance documents.
- Conduct privacy reviews for new and existing products and business processes within ACE and work with relevant teams to identify privacy impact mitigation strategies.
- Support process for receiving, documenting, investigating and reporting unauthorized access or disclosure of protected information.
- Assist in the intake, tracking, and resolution of internal and external privacy and data access requests for ACE.
- EU qualified solicitor with some experience in privacy, experience in a life sciences industry a plus
- Experience prioritizing and managing projects with varying deadlines.
- Knowledge of or strong interest in legal privacy principles and information security frameworks (e.g., GDPR, PIPEDA, ISO 27000 series).
- Ability to understand and adapt to emerging technologies and complex processes.
- Privacy or Security certification (e.g., CIPP, CIPM, CIPT, or CISSP) a plus.
- Excellent analytical, as well as verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and know when to seek guidance or elevate.
- Strong problem-solving skills with the desire to take ownership of issues and follow through until resolution.
- Complete tasks with accuracy and meet deadlines and objectives.
- Eagerness and ability to dive into technical details to understand privacy implications and requirements.
- Experience working in complex organizational context, often without formal authority in a highly matrixed environment.
- Must be able to work in a team environment and support a global program across multiple time zones.
- Some travel may be required.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)
It is the policy of Gilead Sciences, Inc. and its subsidiaries and affiliates (collectively "Gilead" or the "Company") to recruit select and employ the most qualified persons available for positions throughout the Company. Except if otherwise provided by applicable law, all employment actions relating to issues such as compensation, benefits, transfers, layoffs, returns from layoffs, company-sponsored training, education assistance, social and recreational programs are administered on a non-discriminatory basis (i.e. without regard to protected characteristics or prohibited grounds, which may include an individual's gender, race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, medical condition, veteran status, and age, unless such protection is prohibited by federal, state, municipal, provincial, local or other applicable laws). Gilead also prohibits discrimination based on any other characteristics protected by applicable laws.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-Kingdom---Uxbridge/Manager---Senior-Manager---Privacy--ACE-_R0016978-1
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency