Research Scientist III/IV
TB remains a serious global health problem and there is an urgent need for new therapeutic agents and an increased understanding of antibiotic resistance. The Parish Lab is looking for a highly qualified scientist to work on a tuberculosis drug discovery project. The successful candidate will work in a multi-disciplinary research environment interacting with chemists and biologists. The Research is aimed at developing new anti-tubercular agents as well as determining mode of action of new compounds classes under development. Work may also involve target identification, confirmation, and validation, and determining mechanisms of drug resistance.
Please apply to requisitions:
• Responsible to plan, design and execute research development activities in support of funded research projects.
• Perform experimental procedures and make detailed observations; analyze and interpret data.
• Works closely with principal investigator on the development of technical proposals, presentations manuscripts and grants.
• Plans and conducts work requiring independent judgment in the evaluation, selection, and substantial adaptation/modification of standard techniques, procedures and criteria.
• Uses a wide application of complex principles, theories and concepts in specific scientific discipline.
• Familiarity with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures.
• Experience in drug discovery and microbiology
• Experience with data handling and laboratory information management systems.
• Ability to plan and prioritize multiple projects; flexibility in performing multiple tasks.
• Ability to take initiative and prioritize tasks; good time-management, problem-prevention, and problem-solving skills.
• Ability to work with co-workers and outside agencies professionally.
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team; ability to motivate self.
• Ability to work accurately with close attention to detail.
• Ability to maintain good laboratory records.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills; ability to communicate with co-workers effectively.