Senior Director, Epidemiology - Programming & Analytics
Senior Director, Epidemiology - Programming & Analytics
United States - California - Foster City
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
We have an exciting opportunity available for a Senior Director, Epidemiology - Programming & Analytics to join and build our growing team. The Senior Director will report to the Vice President, Real World Evidence (RWE) and will lead and coordinate the programming and analytics activities for the Epidemiology Department to support Gilead's pipeline and expanding product portfolio. The role will collaborate with Epidemiologists and other stakeholders in Clinical Data Science, Global Patient Safety, Medical Affairs, and Commercial for analyses of various types of real-world data, including data from administrative claims, electronic health records, observational studies, registries, etc. This role presents a unique opportunity for a leader to recruit, develop and build a team.
- Lead the analyses of multiple pharmacoepidemiology studies, including RWE studies, prospective and retrospective cohort studies and surveys
- Oversee and manage the programmers for analyses of RWE studies
- Coordinate, supervise, and lead the analyses of real-world healthcare databases (i.e., electronic health records, administrative medical claims, registries, non-interventional cohort studies, etc.)
- Oversee and is accountable for the completion of all analytical/validation activities for RWE studies, including working with CROs directly and resolving critical issues
- Identify, assess, and oversee the integration/implementation of new data resources, methods, technology and analytic tools
- Apply innovative thinking to the development of new programming procedures to improve efficiency and consistency across analyses
- Demonstrate excellent computer and data analytic skills, including knowledge of standard statistical software (i.e., SAS, R, SQL, etc.)
- Familiar with cloud and high-performance computing environments (Azure, AWS)
- Demonstrate the ability to critically evaluate and summarize epidemiological analyses and actively participate in strategic discussions across the wider organization
- Anticipate resource needs and works with senior management and HR to ensure adequate long-term resource allocation across all therapeutic areas, and manage the programming budget
- Possess excellent oral and written communication skills, and strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Demonstrate the ability to work both independently and as an active team member within cross-functional teams
- Identify and lead internal and external educational initiatives on programming and analytics
- Mentor and train junior staff in department processes
- Develop appropriate RWE training concepts and procedures applicable for RWD
- A PhD in Epidemiology or related field, or a Masters in Epidemiology and an advanced degree in medicine, pharmacy, statistics or related field
- A minimum of 8 years of experience in designing and analyzing RWE studies for pharmaceutical companies, consultancies, or in an academic setting
- Management experience providing leadership and oversight to programmers or epidemiologists
- Recognized as a leader having the credibility, reputation, and network to develop strong cross-functional relationships within the company
- Excellent organization skills with strong attention to detail, clarity, and accuracy
- Strong oral, written and communication skills is required
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---California---Foster-City/Senior-Director--Epidemiology---Programming---Analytics_R0017222-1
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency