Medical Scientist Antifungals - Central & Southern Italy
Medical Scientist Antifungals - Central & Southern Italy
Italy - Rome
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Gilead is a research-based biopharmaceutical company based in California and committed to discovering, developing and commercializing innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical needs.
The Medical Scientist (MS, commonly known as MSL) is a field-based medical-scientific expert in the assigned Therapeutic Area. The MS assumes full responsibility for all Medical activities within the assigned territory and executes the field medical strategy under the guidance of the Director, Medical Affairs. This involves gathering insights, medical education and communication, supporting clinical research projects, and managing projects of various scope including educational events and regional advisory boards. The role requires close national and international collaboration with colleagues from Medical Affairs and other departments.
For a couple of decades now, Gilead own one of the most established antifungal drugs which however continue to grow in a changing environment. Invasive fungal infections management are a continuous challenge for HCPs and medical education needs in this field are important and essential.
We are then seeking a Medical Scientist to join our Medical Affairs Antifungal medical organization. This role will report to the Director, Medical Affairs and is field based within the territory assigned. The individual will be responsible for the following regions: Lazio, Sardinia, Abruzzo, Marche, Molise, Campania, Apulia, Basilicata, Calabria and Sicily.
- Delivering medical/scientific communication (proactive/reactive) and education to physicians and other healthcare stakeholders in the region
- Establishes strong relationships with opinion leaders, clinical investigators and providers at academic and non-academic settings.
- Strategic relationship building with medical and scientific experts - identify and work with regional and national experts on various projects and activities
- Insight generation through scientific meaningful discussions with clinicians and researchers to inform the medical strategy, including the organization of advisory board meetings
- Building healthcare landscape awareness in the assigned therapeutic area
- Contributes to the development of educational programs and materials
- Works collaboratively with the field based roles of sales and market access and with Gilead personnel in Sales, Marketing, Clinical Research, Pharmacovigilance, Medical Information, and in particular with the Infectious disease functions
- If any, assists with Gilead clinical and real-world evidence studies, which includes collaboration with investigators and study sites
- Actively collaborates with the office- and field-based national and international Medical Affairs team
- Travels to appointments, meetings, and conferences on a frequent and regular basis, occasionally with short notice; including national and international travel
Essential background and skills:
- Deep scientific knowledge in Invasive Fungal Infections or capability to acquire it rapidly after joining the team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in Italian and English as well as interpersonal skills are required
- Ability to develop strategic relationship with KOLs
- Good knowledge of healthcare landscape at national and regional level: health authorities, scientific societies, academic research institutions, guidelines, hospitals organization
- Excellent organizational skills including attention to detail and prioritization
- Always use scientific driven approach to deliver impactful presentations in a variety of different settings
- Anticipates obstacles and difficulties that may arise in the field and resolves them in a collaborative manner. Sought for advice and collaboration within and outside Gilead
- Enthusiastic to work in a continuously evolving scientific environment and must be committed to continuing education to maintain his/her knowledge base
- Must have the ability to work as a member of several teams that may overlap such as national MS team, regional sales team, national accounts, and others.
- Growth mindset with the ability to positively adapt to change
- Ability to take initiatives and propose new ideas and ways of working
Typical Education & Experience
- Advanced degree (MD, PharmD, scientific PhD)
- Previous industry experience or previous Medical Science Liaison experience in particular in the infectious disease area is an advantage
- Scientific and/or clinical knowledge in Mycology, Microbiology, Hemato-Oncology, Intensive Care or a related scientific discipline is an advantage
- Experience of working in an international environment is an advantage
- Due to the need of multiple travels across Italy, ideally the individual should be resident within the territory assigned.
The ideal candidate will also be able to display engagement and commitment to the Gilead Core Values, which are:
- Teamwork - Working together
- Excellence - Being your best
- Accountability - Taking personal responsibility
- Integrity - Doing what's right
- Inclusion - Encouraging Diversity
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)
It is the policy of Gilead Sciences, Inc. and its subsidiaries and affiliates (collectively "Gilead" or the "Company") to recruit select and employ the most qualified persons available for positions throughout the Company. Except if otherwise provided by applicable law, all employment actions relating to issues such as compensation, benefits, transfers, layoffs, returns from layoffs, company-sponsored training, education assistance, social and recreational programs are administered on a non-discriminatory basis (i.e. without regard to protected characteristics or prohibited grounds, which may include an individual's gender, race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, medical condition, veteran status, and age, unless such protection is prohibited by federal, state, municipal, provincial, local or other applicable laws). Gilead also prohibits discrimination based on any other characteristics protected by applicable laws.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/Italy---Rome/Medical-Scientist-Antifungals---Central---Southern-Italy_R0017232
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency