Associate Director, Supply Chain
Associate Director, Supply Chain
Ireland - Cork
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Purpose of Role
- Manage the long-term planning/execution (0 to 5 years) of manufacturing and packaging of finished goods globally utilizing internal and external finished good suppliers to ensure product availability for our patients.
- Ensuring product availability for our customers globally
- Developing the Master Production Schedule for assigned product(s)/franchise(s)
Success Measured By
- Work closely with all other functions; Manufacturing/R&D/Regulatory Affairs/Quality/API group/Clinical and Legal
- Become the SME for Rapid Response planning and reporting
- Product availability; No stockouts
- Production Plan Stability
- Inventory Policy Adherence (Adherence to target, Obsolescent Inventory Value)
- Driving efficiencies in drug product supply chain by identifying and eliminating waste in design and processes
- Responsible for midterm to long-term network MPS in monthly buckets (months 4 - 48)
- Monitor demand forecast and manage inventory levels and ensure changes are aligned with network supply plans
- Responsible for supply chain modeling to:
- Support budgeting process
- Maintain planning parameters
- Evaluate demand scenarios
- Define sourcing strategies
- Proposes safety stock levels throughout the drug product supply chain and works with API supply chain to ensure alignment of inventory across DP and API
- Works with API supply chain to ensure long range API purchase plans support master production plan and resolves issues where they may arise
- Responsible for mapping market/product demand to SKUs and DCs
- Responsible for rough cut capacity planning and monthly evaluation against existing capacity models to ensure feasible plans
- Leads and support monthly Supply and Management meeting meetings to present network MPS and changes per planning cycle
- Ensure Annual stability plans are met
- Represents Global Supply Chain on CMC and CCPR teams to ensure changes will be implemented in a strategic and timely manner
- Manage all changes and assess impact to supply chain to ensure no interruption to patient supply
- Manage NPI introductions and ensures all launch timelines are met
- May assist with the development and integration of new technologies and/or new processes as needed to support continuous improvement by seeking ways to improve planning performance
- Responsible for resolving supply issues in short term across the network plan (next 3 months) and balancing for short-term network inventory
- Publusg 18-month rolling forecast to CMOs to ensure capacity availability
- Work with drug substance team for API allocation to production plans & support master production plan / resolves issues where they may arise
- Manages relationships with other departments (i.e. quality, mfg., AO, logistics, etc.) to resolve supply issues
- Develops and implements strategies and goals for specific products.
Support and Advisory Responsibilities:
- Maintains and assists with the implementation of Supply Chain policies, procedures, techniques, standards, and systems.
- Contributes to the development of complex new concepts, techniques and standards. Leads projects on process improvements at supply chain planning SME
- Supports the execution of supply chain planning initiatives to achieve departmental targets.
- Assists with the preparation of project plans and manages projects to successful and timely completion. Provides expertise to the team and functional areas to anticipate and identify complex project issues which pose a challenge to achieving strategic goals.
- Reviews and assists with planning requirements for business operations. Acts as an advisor to meet schedules and/or resolve technical problems.
- Develops and maintains documentation to reflect the effectiveness and efficiency of department activities. Simplifies externally-facing documentation to the benefit of customers.
- Analyzes systems and processes and impact on business performance. Develops tools needed to support division Center of Excellence Service Teams action.
- Frequently collaborates with other departments, to ensure functional area resources are sufficient to achieve project goals and objectives.
- May recommend and assist with the integration of new technologies and/or new processes as needed, to reduce costs.
- May assist in the development of operational functional requirements and business process flow architecture of ERP functions and features, in support of Gilead's existing and future business plans.
Knowledge, Experience, and Skills:
- Experience in pharmaceutical operations/cGMP environment highly desirable.
- Able to develop solutions to a wide range of complex problems, which require the regular use of ingenuity and innovation.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrates good planning and organizational skills coupled with strong time management skills.
- Has an aptitude for working with computer systems to plan and manage supply chain requirements (Kinaxis RapidResponse, SAP, EBS, Logility, JDA)
- Demonstrates strong analytical and problem-solving skills. Ability to exercise independent judgment in developing methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
- Demonstrates up-to-date knowledge of business operating systems, distribution requirements planning, production scheduling, Oracle/DB2/Access databases and Microsoft applications (e.g., Excel) as relates to business needs.
- Proficiency in ERP system software, with emphasis on Operations/Supply Chain functionality.
- Good organizational and time management skills, including working knowledge of basic project management tools and techniques.
- Solid working knowledge of relevant regulatory guidance, including pharmaceutical GMPs and ICH Q7A
- Significant relevant experience in related field and a BS or BA; or MA/MBA.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)
It is the policy of Gilead Sciences, Inc. and its subsidiaries and affiliates (collectively "Gilead" or the "Company") to recruit select and employ the most qualified persons available for positions throughout the Company. Except if otherwise provided by applicable law, all employment actions relating to issues such as compensation, benefits, transfers, layoffs, returns from layoffs, company-sponsored training, education assistance, social and recreational programs are administered on a non-discriminatory basis (i.e. without regard to protected characteristics or prohibited grounds, which may include an individual's gender, race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, medical condition, veteran status, and age, unless such protection is prohibited by federal, state, municipal, provincial, local or other applicable laws). Gilead also prohibits discrimination based on any other characteristics protected by applicable laws.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/Ireland---Cork/Senior-Manager--Project-Management_R0012372
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency