Associate Director Key Account Management and Sales Management
Associate Director Key Account Management and Sales Management
Netherlands - Amsterdam
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based biopharmaceutical company founded in 1987. Together we deliver life-saving therapies to patients in need. With the commitment and drive you bring to the workplace every day, you will be part of a team that is changing the world and helping millions of people live healthier, more fulfilling lives. Our worldwide staff of nearly 9,000 people is a close community where you can see the tangible results of your contributions, where every individual matter, and everyone has a chance to enhance their skills through on-going development. Our scientific focus has resulted in 17 marketed products, a pipeline of late- stage drug candidates and patient access programs to ensure medications are available to those who could otherwise not afford them. By joining Gilead, you will further our mission to address unmet medical needs and improve life by advancing the care of patients with life threatening diseases.
We are offering an exciting and challenging opportunity for a talented and experienced Associate Director Key Account Management and Sales Management. The person will be leading the strategic account planning for 5 Top Accounts across the Gilead therapeutic areas with focus on HIV Therapeutic Area. The job includes sales management for HIV Therapeutic Specialists (Account Managers) for smaller accounts.
The position will be reporting to the Business Unit Director HIV and is based in the local office in Amsterdam.
- Responsible for development and execution of the Strategic Account Plans of Top accounts. The strategy spans across Gilead TA's with focus on HIV and includes HCV/IFI/Cell therapy
- Account management creates a unique, long-term collaboration between Gilead and the accounts strengthening mutual aim in improving health care
- Establish effective working relationships with opinion leaders and other key stakeholders, including hospital board & be recognized as trusted and preferred partner
- Partner with Medical Affairs, Market Access, Government and Public Affairs to ensure effective development and implementation of X-F strategies
- Drive excellence in XKAM according to latest development and insights.
- Utilize high level of business acumen in analyzing and coordinating activities from identified industry trends, competitor's resources and practices
- Development metrics and monitoring to accounts dashboard to ensure performance tracking/monitoring, including any required action planning
- Manage the Account/project budget (OPEX) and project timelines
- Lead the sales team (2 direct reports Therapeutic specialists HIV) with all aspects of optimal sales management in a challenging environment including goals and plan setting, coaching, problem solving, training & monitoring of deliverables.
- Ensure all account activities are compliant to regulatory and legal requirements
- Create an environment in which every member of the team has an opportunity to succeed, regardless of their tenure or standing within the organization
- Represent local market in international project teams
Knowledge, Experience and Skills:
- Analytical thinking
- Health Science background and ability to translate science into clinical practice
- Collaborates and works well across teams
- Requires a university degree and demonstrated experience within the pharmaceutical/ healthcare industry to include familiarity with commercial strategy and tactics
- Demonstrated track record of Key Account Management and Sales Management within the pharmaceutical industry in the Netherlands
- Candidate will preferably have recent virology experience (HIV or Viral hepatitis)
- Strategic thinker with ability to formulate, develop and execute development strategy
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Ability to lead, interact with, focus, resolve conflict and drive consensus among cross functional teams
- Ability to analyze complex issues, execute sound judgment and make decisions
- Demonstrated excellence in project management and effectively managing multiple projects/priorities
- In-depth ability to work with external agencies on medical, VBHC and/or PA vendors to develop high-level projects
- Ability to develop, maintain, and utilize a high level of product and therapeutic disease knowledge to promote the appropriate use to opinion leaders in the field of Infectiology and beyond.
- Must have excellent sales knowledge. Excellent verbal, written, interpersonal, and negotiation skills are required in order to provide clear and concise analysis of quantitative and qualitative concepts. Is very familiar with industry trends and remains current with competitor's resources and practices. Must be able to analyze complex data and put together effective concise reports while meeting all deadlines.
- Has the ability to maintain / develop and utilize a high level of product and therapeutic disease knowledge to promote the appropriate use of Gilead products to Key Opinion Leaders.
- Excellent and demonstrable command of written and spoken English and proficiency at communicating verbally and in written form
- Resilient profile with the ability to deliver in an ambiguous environment
- Ability to engage and manage multiple stakeholders to achieve the objective
- Curious with learning agility
- Operationally excellent
- Organized with systematic approach to prioritization
Our values are at the forefront of all that we do:
- Integrity (Doing whats right)
- Teamwork (working together)
- Excellence (being your best)
- Accountability (taking personal responsibility)
- Inclusion (Encouraging Diversity)
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)
It is the policy of Gilead Sciences, Inc. and its subsidiaries and affiliates (collectively "Gilead" or the "Company") to recruit select and employ the most qualified persons available for positions throughout the Company. Except if otherwise provided by applicable law, all employment actions relating to issues such as compensation, benefits, transfers, layoffs, returns from layoffs, company-sponsored training, education assistance, social and recreational programs are administered on a non-discriminatory basis (i.e. without regard to protected characteristics or prohibited grounds, which may include an individual's gender, race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, medical condition, veteran status, and age, unless such protection is prohibited by federal, state, municipal, provincial, local or other applicable laws). Gilead also prohibits discrimination based on any other characteristics protected by applicable laws.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/Netherlands---Amsterdam/Associate-Director-Key-Account-Management-and-Sales-Management_R0017225-1
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency