Director, Medical Affairs (Oncology)
Director, Medical Affairs (Oncology)
Canada - Ontario - Mississauga
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Reporting to the Country Medical Director, the Oncology Medical Affairs Director is the subject matter expert responsible for providing medical leadership to the development of Canada's Oncology Medical Affairs strategic and tactical plans in collaboration with the ACE and US Oncology Medical Leads.
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Medical Affairs Director to join the cross-functional team for Oncology as the Medical Affairs Lead in Gilead Sciences, Canada. Reporting to the Country Medical Director, the Medical Affairs Director will build Oncology Medical Affairs team and develop and execute the medical strategy in Canada. You will support the launch planning and execution for novel pipeline oncology products, across multiple tumor types and treatment settings. This role is office-based in Mississauga and requires national and international travel (including internal meetings and external scientific conferences) once travel restrictions are eased.
- Leads the development of the Strategic Plan and Plan of Action for Medical Affairs in Oncology.
- Provides leadership to the Medical Affairs team in Oncology and provides medical leadership in the cross-functional brand and launch team.
- Develops and conducts medical education and communication activities, including digital, face-to-face, and print; is involved in scientific publication activities.
- Is a key company representative to groups of experts, medical professional groups, societies, patient representatives, regulatory groups, and represents the company at national and international scientific meetings.
- Establishes and maintains strong working relationships with external medical experts locally and internationally, including academic societies.
- Plans and conducts Advisory Boards as needed to obtain insights.
- Presents scientific and clinical data in a variety of different settings.
- Works collaboratively with Gilead personnel in European affiliates, Global Medical Affairs, Clinical Research, Marketing, Market Access, Sales, Regulatory Affairs, Drug Safety, Public and Government Affairs.
- Supports the generation of scientific data through collaboration with the Gilead personnel in R&D and
- Clinical Operations, site support in clinical trials, and by developing local clinical trials including study protocols, as needed.
- Is responsible for supporting and coordinating Investigator Sponsored Trials - including collaboration with investigators and internal Gilead personnel.
- Participate in the review and approval of investigator-initiated studies and provide medical input for Promotional Review Committees
- Advanced scientific degree (i.e. MD, PharmD, PhD)
- Excellent clinical and scientific understanding of oncology, preferably solid tumours, including breast cancer
- 7+ years' experience within Oncology and/or Hematology with product launch experience
- Ability to embrace Gilead's leadership commitments and patient-centric values, including highest ethical and compliance standards
- Strategic mindset with a focus on collaboration and excellence
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required, along with the ability to understand, analyse and communicate medical concepts concisely
- Ability to successfully navigate fast and dynamic situations where there is ambiguity, uncertainty, and change
- An ability to think medically and strategically about the short- and long-term impacts within the oncology health care landscape
- An ability to lead collaboratively across various internal stakeholders, to inspire others and develop trusted partnerships, with a preference for prior supervisory/leadership experience
- A strong ability to interpret and articulate clinical data and the oncology clinical development programs
- Proven ability to work in a cross-functional matrix
Display of Gilead Core Values:
- Integrity (Doing What's Right)
- Teamwork (Working Together)
- Excellence (Being Your Best)
- Accountability (Taking Personal Responsibility)
- Inclusion (Encouraging Diversity)
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/Canada---Ontario---Mississauga/Director--Medical-Affairs--Oncology-_R0017030-1
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency