Sr Manager, QA Data Science
Sr Manager, QA Data Science
United States - California - Foster City
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Working in QA at Gilead:
Quality Assurance delivers on Gilead's commitment to bring life-changing therapies to patients through the robust QA processes and systems. Our approach is agile, innovative and collaborative and our teams are genuinely committed to the rapid delivery of safe life changing therapies. As part of the broader Pharmaceutical Development & Manufacturing (PDM) team you will be part of a team that is changing the world and helping millions of people live healthier, more fulfilling lives. You will see the tangible results of your contributions, where every individual matters, and everyone has a chance to enhance their skills through on-going development. Our scientific focus has resulted in marketed products that are benefiting hundreds of thousands of people, a pipeline of late-stage drug candidates, and unmatched patient access programs to ensure medications are available to those who could otherwise not afford them. By joining QA within PDM, you will further our mission to address unmet medical needs and improve life by advancing the care of patients with life-threatening diseases.
Gilead Sciences is currently seeking a Senior Manager of Data Science in the Pharmaceutical Manufacturing and Development (PDM) organization located in Foster City, CA. The role is responsible for driving quality analytics programs and building a road map to create better outcomes for a world class pharmaceutical company.
- Develop a strategic roadmap for advanced analytics in QA
- Develops and drives the execution of an advanced Quality analytics road-map with the business and partners that anticipates and realizes the QMS information needs within PDM.
- Develops and drives the strategic roadmap for the application of predictive analytics in the quality space related to metrics, data trending, and natural language processing.
- Primary point person for PDM-wide data governance and data science initiatives
- Partners with PDM Data Governance initiatives as the quality systems representative for the implementation of quality systems in analytics data governance, data infrastructure, and platforms for AI/ML development.
- Collaborates with the PDM Data Science Working Group as the driver for the application of advanced analytics in the Quality space.
- Create a cross-functional analytics community in QA
- Collaborates across multiple functions and sites to identify and address business opportunities, evaluate alternative informatics technologies, and research industry best practices and emerging trends in the space of Quality.
- Establish a network for data analytics community across Quality functions and sites.
- Builds internal data science capabilities through supporting professional development channels.
- Programming, creating dashboards, and creating reports
- Creates and manages reports, metrics, dashboards, and analysis to support various quality management review forums that include data science techniques such as time series forecasting, predictive analytics, natural language processing, and automated scripting.
- Previous experience in Quality Assurance in an GMP environment
- Previous Experience working with big data to drive better business outcomes
- 5+ years of experience as a data scientist or working with QA analytics
- Strong interpersonal and collaboration skills; must be able to positively influence employees who are working with the normal chain of command in order to achieve results.
- Data access and wrangling skills such as Python, SQL, Tableau, Spotfire
- Data operations fluency with cloud platforms (AWS, Azure, etc)
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---California---Foster-City/Sr-Manager--QA-Data-Science_R0015968-1
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency