Associate Scientist, Biology
Associate Scientist, Biology
United States - California - Foster City
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Opportunity exists for a dynamic and highly motivated biologist to join the High Throughput Biology & Screening group. The candidate's core responsibilities will include design, development, optimization, and execution of in vitro pharmacological assays to support multiple therapeutic areas within Gilead Discovery Research portfolio. The successful candidate will work with project and department team members and provide expertise in identifying and implementing quantitative assays using state of the art technology. The candidate should have proven record of applying sound scientific judgement to answer critical questions, as well as a proven ability to design and implement appropriate experiments. Strong organizational skills and multi-tasking ability are required. Ability to work collaboratively in a high-pace, multi-disciplinary, matrix environment is essential.
Essential Duties and Job Responsibilities:
- Conceive, develop, and execute in vitro assays (biochemical and cellular assays) to support drug discovery efforts
- Perform primary high throughput screening and secondary hit profiling assays, focused on small molecule, antibody, or functional genomic based screens.
- Program and operate custom-integrated automation systems.
- Perform data analysis, reporting and integration with database software
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously, working cross-functionally in a highly collaborative team environment
- Communicate experimental data and conclusions clearly and effectively to the project team
- Maintain a cutting-edge awareness of technical developments and scientific knowledge and apply these where possible to improve performance
Knowledge, Experience and Skills:
- Specific experience with the development of biochemical or cell-based assays for small molecule or antibody profiling. Experience with a variety of assay technologies is highly desirable.
- Strong tissue culture experience would be a plus: transient/stable cell transfection, primary cells and transformed human cell lines.
- Excellent computer and data analysis skills
- Must be detail oriented, well organized, and have strong communication skills
- Must be collaborative and have the ability and desire to work in a fast-paced, multi-disciplinary environment
- Ability to manage several projects at any given time, work successfully in a cross-functional team environment and communicate clearly both verbally and in writing to a variety of audiences.
- Applicants must have at least a BS or MS degree in biology or related scientific discipline with 5+ years of relevant experience preferably in the pharmaceutical industry.
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---California---Foster-City/Associate-Scientist--Biology_R0017181-1
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency